Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

SnoMachine by Performance Calls

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by Rute3, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Rute3

Rute3 Senior Refuge Member

Does anyone have an opinion on them pro or con? We have 2 custom built callers looking to add a 3rd for a back up.Thanks

2. ten times better

ten times better Senior Refuge Member

I just got a fox pro snow commando WOW super amount of snow calls including ross you have great control of volume unbelieveable service on an issue that wasn't that important. in my opinion its worth the price I'LL have another nest year. I've got the calls [+vol] in the favorites and can change while their working

3. Rute3

I'll have to check it out after season

4. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

Your 2nd one should be your backup to your first one, no need for multiple callers to be successful.

5. Rute3

Maybe I should of clarified a bit more not looking for advice on snow goose hunting, just wanted some honest opinions on a snow goose e-caller that I have no experience with.

6. explorer17

explorer17 Senior Refuge Member

I have 3 of them and never had any issues. They're nothing fancy but for the money I cant see myself going any other route. The one thing you should consider is they are set up to use ext cords for speaker wires. Depending on what your plans are or how your wires are set up on your other callers it might be something to consider.

7. Rute3

Explorer17 thanks for the insight. That's one of the things I noticed about the speakers. I would imagine that would make the wires very durable.

8. Juvie Juke Box

Juvie Juke Box Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

Guess I don't have any input on the snow machine other than I can't see those remotes working very far away. If you want to drastically increase your sound quality, our Adult Snow would be worth checking out.

9. tornadochaser

tornadochaser Elite Refuge Member

I highly doubt that the snowmachine e-caller puts out 300W peak even though it is advertised as such. Looking at the price and dimensions, I'll bet money they use any number of the chinese mini-amps similar to other companies out there that use them. Not that the mini-amps are necessarily bad (I have 3 callers using mini amps currently), but you're not getting the advertised wattage using 12V, and the RMS per channel at most is 20W. If you're happy with your custom callers, build another one of those; if you want a great sounding retail unit loaded with clear audio tracks go with Juvie Juke Box or if you really want to spend money, go with the fox pro.

10. maskedmallard

maskedmallard Refuge Member

The snomachine is the cheap "knockoff" version of the squawk box which was or still is an over priced piece of junk. I'd take the advice above.