Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Snow goose commander's?

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by FeatherFantic, Mar 13, 2019.

1. FeatherFantic

FeatherFantic New Member

Has anyone hunted with them ?

2. marsh man dan

marsh man dan Elite Refuge Member

Don't waste your time. Couple threads on here already about how bad it was.

Don't hire a guide off craigslist

3. Drundel

Drundel Elite Refuge Member

I saw this on Facebook.

"
    What’s the best way to blast a guide service? I paid a great amount of money to Snow Goose Commander (Mark) he hooked us up with a secondary guide service named Tropht Takers?

“This is 1 liberal sponsored outfitter, all they do is Lie Lie Lie, then blame weather on why you didn’t see birds. Damn Climate-change. We booked a 3 day hunt at a luxury cabin with 11k acres to find these sneaky snows. However, we got a 3 night trailer stay with 47 degree temps (inside) and a 40 acre corn field that had a 800 sock decoy spread 2 miles from the trailer. We had guides that took our food, took our money and ultimately wasted our time as they spent theirs in their house while we waited in the blinds they set up. You’re better off selling your guns and figuring out how to golf then to relay on these clowns to put you on snow geese. Best of luck to anyone whose already paid and been played”"

4. FeatherFantic

FeatherFantic New Member

Oh wow. Ok thanks. We are looking to book a hunt for end of February beginning of March 2020. We are coming from Washington state so wr are flexible on the state wr hunt. Do you guys have any guide rrcomrecommenda that won't break the bank?

5. i_willie12

i_willie12 Elite Refuge Member

We hear more and more terrible stories every year! I don't know what will fix the market, but it seems every 3 guys with 50 dozen socks thinks they are a guide and throws up some facebook ad's when most of these guys just started hunting snows 4 years ago!

Very buyer be wear market.... Like contractors/builders after a tornado/flood/hurricane

swampstomper likes this.
  6. swampstomper

swampstomper Senior Refuge Member

Some nightmare experiences with that outfit reported this year, sounds like alot of folks got the shaft. There,s now way I,d go with anyone from AR to the Dakotas that didn,t have a long running good reputation with plenty of references.

7. FeatherFantic

FeatherFantic New Member

Thanks . After some more research on here I think we are going to look for a different outfit

8. hammbone

hammbone Senior Refuge Member

Feather fanatic if you have something to trade or effort to give there are a lot of guys on this page more qualified than anyone you could pay money to.

9. FeatherFantic

FeatherFantic New Member

About all I could trade is seaducks in Washington state.

10. wvlippo

wvlippo Senior Refuge Member

Not to high jack but I got a bottle of Pappy if we are talking trading for good snow goose hunting:dv

bird junkie likes this.