Snow goose outfitter?

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by mebe007, Jan 25, 2019.

1. mebe007

mebe007 Senior Refuge Member

Buddies are taking a trip Monday. Thinking of tagging along. Anyone ever hunt with tundra south outfitters? Hoes the snow goose hunting right now. I think they mentioned being around chestertown md or somewhere in de depending on birds

2. Mr_Mallard

Mr_Mallard Elite Refuge Member

Ive heard of the outfitter but idk how there snow goose hunting is i know there are alot of snows in Chestertown though

3. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

Snow goosin in general is hit or miss.
    Wind for Monday is 4mph, I'd put that in the miss column

bird junkie and Allan like this.
  4. murdock84

murdock84 Elite Refuge Member

5. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

Snow goose has been hit and miss. You have to realize that most of these birds are adults and are being pretty smart. Even the best snow goose guys are striking out on what would normally be layup hunts quite often this year.

I will say this, one of our farms that TS was looking at hunting tomorrow had 10-15k on it today. Tyler will hunt whichever feed he feels is the best, they put on a good hunt.

6. Back2Maryland

Back2Maryland Senior Refuge Member

I know your hunt already happened but I just wanted to back up what Trevor said. We hunted a week ago Saturday with a well-known and respected outfitter just outside of Church Hill. Tons of geese, but low winds and adult birds made the hunting tough. Ended up with 5 birds for 8 guns. Been hunting with this outfit for years and previous low for birds was just over 50.

I wouldn't go again this year unless there was significant wind in the forecast.

7. mebe007

I actually didnt make the hunt. They however are up there now, and I will report back how they did. Responsibility sucks sometimes.

8. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

I was about 15 minutes away guiding some guys or I would have watched the show, but I heard the birds were there, but weren’t wanting to work right again, still killed some though. And that is why I stick to killing dark geese, although this year they’ve acted about the same as snows.

9. mebe007

They ended up killing 8 amongst the group. Sent me some videos of plenty of birds though.