So the year is over How do you rate IT ???

Discussion in 'Wisconsin Flyway Forum' started by JDHog, Dec 2, 2019.

1. recker999

recker999 Senior Refuge Member

Lots of bluebills in the dakota trips but not many mallards. Still good hunts though. The last two weeks on pool 5 made up for the lack of mallards earlier on. Just alot of fun at a great last season pool. Happy holidays boys!

JDHog likes this.
  2. goosenazi

goosenazi Elite Refuge Member

Nearly 30 days left in WI. Sallys.

JDHog likes this.
  3. LabsInTheCanes

LabsInTheCanes Senior Refuge Member

I don’t goose hunt, don’t participate in early teal, have no youth (yet) to take on the youth hunt and don’t start hunting until the southern re-opener. With the record high water we had this year, I layout hunted almost exclusively. That being said, my numbers were up 20% over last year. All in all, I would say it was a successful season...even though I had to get a bit ‘greasy’ to close it out!

JDHog likes this.
  4. marsh man dan

marsh man dan Elite Refuge Member

It was another year of hunting so no complaints. I wish it were still open ducks in my area do get really dialed in until freeze so it was some good field hunting goose hunting was average. Water kills my marsh I love to hunt. Actually shot the least amount ever out there this year. In the end I wish the season was structured different and the water was lower but any day you get to go is worth it so it was good

JDHog likes this.
  5. Banded1

Banded1 Elite Refuge Member

I definitely could have used another week or two longer season for where I hunt ducks. I really hope people realize the statewide opener is a wasted opportunity to lengthen the season and it changes sooner than later.

JDHog likes this.
  6. Alldrakes

Alldrakes Elite Refuge Member

Season dates were perfect with the marsh I hunt emptying out last week Wed. afternoon with the 30-40mph north winds. Gadwall really never came in big numbers for us. Finished the year with 126 ducks all shot on public in Wis so all in all a pretty good year.

JDHog likes this.
  7. Jagwall

Jagwall Senior Refuge Member

Funny you say that, I saw more gadwall this year than I ever have since I stopped hunting the Mississippi. Widgeon seemed plentiful this year too.

JDHog likes this.
  8. slimm21

slimm21 Elite Refuge Member

I may get out for a goose hunt yet otherwise I'm done. The marsh I prefer to hunt froze Nov. 2nd which was a bit of a bummer. Previous to that the water was just brutally high. Did have a few really good hunts. We've had so much water the past 3-4 years that it has washed a lot of food out and the marsh is becoming overrun with cattails.

We've seen more Widgeon, Gadwall, and Black Duck around here the past 2-3 years than I ever remember before. Less BWT. I'm starting to get old....I need a dog.

JDHog likes this.
  9. GK1

GK1 Elite Refuge Member

Meh. Only had 3 boxes of empty duck loads to throw in the recycling bin tonight.

IMG_20191204_164253892.jpg

JDHog likes this.
  10. 1duckmaster

1duckmaster Elite Refuge Member

Thought you were a better shot than that. :D

woodiefanatic and JDHog like this.