Social Justice reform.....this is what you get...

Mean Gene

Reaction score
Our local elections are starting to show it. Local elections that have been fire engine red for literally decades turning blue.

IMOO

I think Texas is in trouble for 2 reasons:

1) Open borders
2) They kept begging for west coast business to relocate, and they got what they asked for

Look there at why you're turning blue, the folks escaping " western communism" didn't do it.

Bear

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I think Texas is in trouble for 2 reasons:

1) Open borders
2) They kept begging for west coast business to relocate, and they got what they asked for

Look there at why you're turning blue, the folks escaping " western communism" didn't do it.

Please clarify. Is it escaping “western communism” by relocating their businesses to Texas or our local electorate going ape chit?

Mean Gene

Reaction score
Please clarify. Is it escaping “western communism” by relocating their businesses to Texas or our local electorate going ape chit?

Escaping western communism are the folks who got fed up with the crap and left to get away from it. They are not your issue. Your state has been begging businesses from California, Oregon, Washington, etc to relocate, and they have. Those companies bring their employees with them. That is an issue for your state, but it's one your state has been asking for. Just like elections have consequences, so do business decisions. Folks like me who bugged out damned sure aren't going to vote blue.

Also, as long as the border is wide open you're going to get a never ending supply of new Democrat voters looking for all kinds of free stuff. There's no wall for a reason, and the reason is to overthrow your way of life.

Bear

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Escaping western communism are the folks who got fed up with the crap and left to get away from it. They are not your issue. Your state has been begging businesses from California, Oregon, Washington, etc to relocate, and they have. Those companies bring their employees with them. That is an issue for your state, but it's one your state has been asking for. Just like elections have consequences, so do business decisions. Folks like me who bugged out damned sure aren't going to vote blue.

Also, as long as the border is wide open you're going to get a never ending supply of new Democrat voters looking for all kinds of free stuff. There's no wall for a reason, and the reason is to overthrow your way of life.

Knowing Texas politics as I do I very respectfully disagree with you. What you say is not all together incorrect; however, those illegal aliens you mentioned are not allowed to vote (yet) in our local elections.

Now addressing your business recruiting decisions. Using TESLA as an example it hasn’t moved it’s factory to north Austin yet. It is still under construction. Even when that is complete north Austin is already deep deep blue and filled with third generation hippies who Austin represents their religious Mecca.

Most of the new companies including Samsung have not even broken ground yet. Also to be located near Austin.

Tech companies are moving to Austin but most are not even here yet. And again there is only so blue Austin can be. Again…local elections was what I referenced

https://do512.com/p/big-companies-moving-to-austin

Ed Emmett a Republican was defeated (barely) by this woman. Emmett was in his position since 2007 then defeated in 2019. Harris County Commissioner Judge. (Not actually a judge) is an elected position.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lina_Hidalgo

Now is everyone moving to Harris County a stinking liberal? Of course not. However the illegals you mentioned are generally residents of the inner city and while they can’t vote they still are a burden to city and county services.

Most legal transplants come here and wind up living in the cities or suburbs. Houston has burst at it’s seams and is exploding in every direction. Our hunting property where you could shoot a rifle (as a distance example) in most directions and still be safe is now a multi faceted housing development. If we set up our dekes it would be in someone’s swimming pool.

That growth was not organic so it had to come from somewhere.

IMOO

Last edited:

Mean Gene

Reaction score
Knowing Texas politics as I do I very respectfully disagree with you. What you say is not all together incorrect; however, those illegal aliens you mentioned are not allowed to vote (yet) in our local elections.

Now addressing your business recruiting decisions. Using TESLA as an example it hasn’t moved it’s factory to north Austin yet. It is still under construction. Even when that is complete north Austin is already deep deep blue and filled with third generation hippies who Austin represents their religious Mecca.

Most of the new companies including Samsung have not even broken ground yet. Also to be located near Austin.

Tech companies are moving to Austin but most are not even here yet. And again there is only so blue Austin can be. Again…local elections was what I referenced

https://do512.com/p/big-companies-moving-to-austin

Ed Emmett a Republican was defeated (barely) by this woman. Emmett was in his position since 2007 then defeated in 2019. Harris County Commissioner Judge. (Not actually a judge) is an elected position.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lina_Hidalgo

Now is everyone moving to Harris County a stinking liberal? Of course not. However the illegals you mentioned are generally residents of the inner city and while they can’t vote they still are a burden to city and county services.

Most legal transplants come here and wind up living in the cities or suburbs. Houston has burst at it’s seams and is exploding in every direction. Our hunting property where you could shoot a rifle (as a distance example) in most directions and still be safe is now a multi faceted housing development. If we set up our dekes it would be in someone’s swimming pool.

That growth was not organic so it had to come from somewhere.

IMOO

Your "city" growth will be the death of your free state, just like every other state. As for those folks not being able to vote, A) I'll bet a lot of them do, regardless of what you think may be happening, and B) it's only a matter of time before they are freely allowed to do so. None of this happens quickly, it slowly oozes under the door until the room is full. It's happening now, and it's been happening for a long time. One small step at a time.

Bear

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Your "city" growth will be the death of your free state, just like every other state. As for those folks not being able to vote, A) I'll bet a lot of them do, regardless of what you think may be happening, and B) it's only a matter of time before they are freely allowed to do so. None of this happens quickly, it slowly oozes under the door until the room is full. It's happening now, and it's been happening for a long time. One small step at a time.

Yep…drip…drip…drip. And the so called Voting Rights Act the demwits are pushing will open up the faucet.

IMO

IV Hunt

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
hmmm, I didn't seem to have any problems.
Went on line, filled out the forms including my ID, mailed them in, and two weeks later wife and I got our registrations.

Tailfeathers

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
upload_2022-1-20_14-40-12.png

I wonder if all those residents in those condos on wheels in the right of the photo have anything to do with it?

lugnut

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
If they have 20" spinners then yes.

Latest posts