Some band info

Discussion in 'Utah Flyway Forum' started by rjefre, Oct 25, 2010.

1. rjefre

rjefre Elite Refuge Member

I shot two geese out of a flock while hunting a few weeks back. They were both banded at the same location south of Scipio Utah. They were banded almost exactly one year apart (2007 & 2008). I've seen that little lake south of Scipio before but I didn't know they banded there. I thought it was cool to learn this info, and it was surprising to know how much they stick together. Makes you wonder why they would fly north to the GSL when they could be fat and happy in Scipio (or Clear Lake or Yuba).
    R

2. utduckguy32

utduckguy32 Senior Refuge Member

yeah R I know the lake your talking about its always chuck full of geese and ducks wish there was a way to hunt it.Did Jose get his info on his band back?

3. rjefre

Yep, he got a bird that was banded west of Brigham City. I got one out of the same flock as his bird and mine was banded south of Woodruff, Utah. I think it was banded on a pond on Deseret Land and Livestock. Weird year for bands for me.
    R

4. Stimmy

Stimmy Senior Refuge Member

you are a band wh0re :cool: :nutz correct me if I am wrong, but havent all your bands prior to this year been "local" birds?

5. rjefre

Yep, I shoot em "locally", on public land!
    R

6. northern

northern Elite Refuge Member

We shot two geese opening morning with bands and they two were banded south of woodruff. We got them in Idaho:tu

7. rjefre

That's really interesting info! I just love reading/hearing about the areas that these birds come from and where they meet their demise!
    R