Washington Flyway Forum Sponsors

Soooo......

Discussion in 'Washington Flyway Forum' started by Wareagle1, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Wareagle1

Wareagle1 Elite Refuge Member

With Washington being ground zero for the corona virus in the US, how many of you have been affected? Weather it be work, health, food supplies, etc. Does anyone know someone with the virus? Would love to know first hand symptoms of the virus.
    For me, as a delivery driver for a food service company, things have become super slow with the restaurant and bars only doing take out and delivery. Lucky for me I’m one of the “old” guys and will get my hours.
    Anyone try and buy any guns or ammo lately?! :l:l

2. Green Duck Truck

Green Duck Truck Washington State Moderator Moderator

It nuked my teaching job for at least a few weeks. Unsure if we will be doing some stuff online. It will be at least six weeks with kids gone. Could be considerably longer. This will be a marathon, rather than a sprint.

3. Birdcrazy

Birdcrazy Elite Refuge Member

Our local Murdochs had a limit of two boxes of ammo per person.

4. WidgeonmanGH

WidgeonmanGH Elite Refuge Member

Wife and son are teachers. They are obviously not at work. Church services are all on-line, streaming and zoom. Another son is a fire fighter and on the front lines, he says that Hospitals are preparing on war footings. Son is a manager at a YMCA in Lakewood and they are off. Fortunately he is on family leave, but doesn't expect the Y to be open before ..... fall? Teachers/kids won't go back this year (my prediction). Friend tried to buy a shotgun the other day, background check got flagged. It is a mistake he doesn't even have a traffic ticket. It will take a long time to get that figured out.

Fortunately no casualties yet. But we have folks close to us with particular vulnerabilities. I don't like what I see going forward.

5. CurrencyTrader

CurrencyTrader Senior Refuge Member

Real Estate is slow on the Eastside, I hear it is still rocking on the West, I hope so, going over next week to list a home in the Arlington area.....My Notary business is booming, the re-fi market was strong before, it will surge in another 30 days from these interest rate drops.... I do not have anyone I know with the virus, the 1st reported case in Moses Lake just showed up... I bought a M&P .380 March 10th, picked it up yesterday after clearing the local police checks.......still no convictions!!!!!!! LOL

Wareagle1 likes this.
  6. Coho

Coho Moderator Emeritus Supporting Member Moderator

Cambodia is about shut down. Bars, schools, restaurants, ceremomies all closed. Everyone is broke and bankrupt.

7. Guzman

Guzman Elite Refuge Member

a Facebook had a rock climbing destination camp they just started I think in Laos. They are headed back. Sounded not good.

Bankrupt already? Or has it been in lockdown long?

8. Guzman

Guzman Elite Refuge Member

If you are getting a paycheck count your blessings. Leavenworth is a ghost town. I talked to some business owners and shot some video to help them out. Things are about to get really bad for some people out there. Dentists offices are closed for two months. Any idea what a dentist office costs to sit there? Restaurant owners not sure how they will feed their families in three weeks. Any idea how much takeout they need to sell before they make $1? Business owners don’t qualify for unemployment and couldn’t have seen this coming. A lot of people could be in really bad spot quickly.

I do t know how we maintain this lock down for much more than three weeks. Those with government jobs are getting paychecks now but where is tax revenue going to come from next year. Annoying thing was driving through downtown Wenatchee which was a ghost town. Only car was parking enforment. ***!!! Send that guy home. Why are we paying for him?

huntaholic21 likes this.
  9. EWUEagles

EWUEagles Senior Refuge Member

I’m currently working from home and pretty stock piled up. I’m with Guzman, that I’m worried for a lot of jobs. It’s going to be really bad for a while and I just hope we can get through it fast.

I don’t get the ghost town. Spokane seems like its every other day, other than restaurants are doing take out only. It’s a little frustrating when everything I hear is about social distancing.

I work with a lady from China who has been telling me since January that this is bad. Her mother in law had it(assumed because she was never tested) and she lost her father in law to it. It sounded like they tested him after he passed. She said the hospitals are so over run there are a lot of people dying in their homes without medical attention. It’s the real deal and unfortunately if we don’t do something fast we’ll be worse off than China was. She has a lot of stories about what is going on over there and it’s pretty crazy.

Wareagle1 likes this.
  10. buzzkill

buzzkill Senior Refuge Member

Oh of course you are right. I saw it on Fox. It's all just a hoax perpetrated by Democrats...

Can I buy you a one way ticket to Italy?