Sorely mistaken

olepal

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Hunted far NW Colorado (Unit 201) 2nd season, cow elk, two years in a row with not one shot fired. Nothing to shoot at.

Alamosa

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Some guys buy tags for the White River basin units in NW CO knowing that they are just hoping to have the correct timing for the migration. Good when it works. On occasion it has stopped traffic for 45 minutes and looks like the Serengeti.

salthunter

Reaction score
To keep beef out of critical wildlife habitat. Then the BLM employees responsible for monitoring this wildlife, will drive right by holes in the fence for years. They will see beef inside these fenced areas and never do anything about them. Build a guzzler on BLM, fence it. Come back to check the fence and find someone cut fence and beef destroy the guzzler and in some cases the developed spring feeding it is destroyed. BLM just let it happen.

Its a total joke what the Clive Bundie type ranchers get by with I fixed a guzzler wire three years in a row.
My biggest disappointment was from a BLM range manager.. Some comment about are "we doing a dis service to game by giving them artificial water source ,",,

Hm lets see! cow eat all the grass during the green months, and greenery is gone in July August and September

Fogie

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Its a total joke what the Clive Bundie type ranchers get by with I fixed a guzzler wire three years in a row.
My biggest disappointment was from a BLM range manager.. Some comment about are "we doing a dis service to game by giving them artificial water source ,",,

Hm lets see! cow eat all the grass during the green months, and greenery is gone in July August and September

The Bundy cows wander on would otherwise be nearly useless wasteland, there are and have never been any deer, elk or antelope on it historically.
In addition, the few meaningful water projects that benefit the small game and birds there were in fact developed and maintained by the Bundy's and a few other ranching families that used to make use of the place before being run out by the Fed...to the detriment of the region.
If the Bundy's weren't still operating, the place would go to direct Hell. They maintain the roads, even.

salthunter

Reaction score
Didnt know that about the ground he was on,..
I maybe should have stated more clearly. Running cows on public land is "their" land and often dont do as their lease requires. , maintaining fences, gates , water systems, roads. Some do but so many dont, Water systems in the desert where I use to hunt water systems are suppose to function until October first, Only a few were maintained properly

Fogie

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Didnt know that about the ground he was on,..
I maybe should have stated more clearly. Running cows on public land is "their" land and often dont do as their lease requires. , maintaining fences, gates , water systems, roads. Some do but so many dont, Water systems in the desert where I use to hunt water systems are suppose to function until October first, Only a few were maintained properly

There was a lot of fake news about the guys, mostly in attempt to break their lease in order to lease to a Chinese solar power company, benefiting those who were in charge back then.
I don't know about other ranchers in other places doing what not, but I have been hunting in the proximity of the Bundy's for 40 and God bless them.

salthunter

Reaction score
.. I dont have much tolerance for those that steal public lands resources. The last I heard he still hadn't paid grazing fees,..

I guess I shouldn't be giving any stock in what the media said. I always wondered why the feds after rounding up their cows and feeding them didn't immediately sell for slaughter.