South Dakota Scam!

Bullet21XD

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Attention, those of you who are thinking of applying for a Nonresident SD waterfowl license.
It's now mandatory to purchase the Habitat Stamp prior to applying for a license. If you are not drawn, the fee is NOT refundable.

So, it will cost you $25 just to apply.

jpallen

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
No different for residents that apply for a limited draw license. Not saying I agree with the Habitat Stamp but it is required across the board residents and NR when applying for a limited draw license of any type.

prairie hunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
That was in place in 2020 too.

NRs can also pay $10 to buy a preference point for future drawing if they lose out this year.

Bullet21XD

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
No different for residents that apply for a limited draw license. Not saying I agree with the Habitat Stamp but it is required across the board residents and NR when applying for a limited draw license of any type.

I'm Ok with the Habitat Stamp...if I get drawn. The F I need a SD stamp for if i'm not hunting SD?? Name one other state that does this! This is bullsiht!!

Bullet21XD

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
That was in place in 2020 too.

NRs can also pay $10 to buy a preference point for future drawing if they lose out this year.

The Habitat Stamp was available. Yes. You didn't have to buy it just to apply for a lottery license. Half the NR drawings last year were prior to the date specified for the stamp...and those license holders didn't need the stamp.

Phil Hudson

Refuge Member
Reaction score
Attention, those of you who are thinking of applying for a Nonresident SD waterfowl license.
It's now mandatory to purchase the Habitat Stamp prior to applying for a license. If you are not drawn, the fee is NOT refundable.

So, it will cost you $25 just to apply.
Sooo… did it stop you from applying to hunt here?

jpallen

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I'm Ok with the Habitat Stamp...if I get drawn. The F I need a SD stamp for if i'm not hunting SD?? Name one other state that does this! This is bullsiht!!
I apply for limited draw licenses in several western states that have non refundable license fees associated with applying for a license. It is nothing new.