South Shore Clubs

Discussion in 'Utah Flyway Forum' started by Corn-Chute, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Corn-Chute

Corn-Chute Refuge Member

I was out at the South Shore Clubs today and there was a team of about 6 surveyors working out there. I stopped and asked what they were doing. The surveyor said they are putting grid lines down and later there will be an aerial photo taken. he did not know what it was for but I can only guess it isn't a good thing. It was the ground north of the check in trailor and west of there. Anyone have anymore info?

2. shadowgrass shooter

shadowgrass shooter Senior Refuge Member

I was out there as well headed to the Lake Front club and thought it was an armada....six guys on four wheelers with surveying equipment galore running all over the place, and 6-8 pick-ups idling all over those fields leading into the clubs. Can't be anything good.....

3. bubba41

bubba41 Elite Refuge Member

I was out there this evening as well and saw them.:scratch

4. Vanilla

Vanilla Elite Refuge Member

Is it land the clubs own or just lands surrounding the clubs?

5. silverkittens73

silverkittens73 Senior Refuge Member

The land you are talking about is the all owned by the LDS Church. It is the same land that has been talked about before that is all connected to the land that the former Bailey Lake Club sits on. The church bought all of the land that is North and South of the guard shack. It is a lot of land. I am guessing the total land is in the neighborhood of maybe 6500 or more acres.

Now you know why hunters have been concerned about how this planned development is going to shake out. The day is coming that the area you drive through when you pass the guard shack on both sides of the road, and west of the road you turn on to go to the South Shore Clubs will be an area filled with offices, warehouses, residential houses, grocery stores, gas stations, public schools and retail stores.

6. Pintail Hunter

Pintail Hunter Elite Refuge Member

I'm willing to guess they were surveying for the Holly Oil pipeline. They have probably completed all the approval processes now and are getting ready to start construction in the spring.

The pipeline will come from the north and cross the duckclub road not too far west of the main gate as I recall.

JRay can best fill us in on the pipeline status.

7. 357bob

357bob Senior Refuge Member

8. Pintail Hunter

Pintail Hunter Elite Refuge Member

From the pipeline web site.

Hence my guess that the surveying has to do with the pipeline.

9. utduckguy32

utduckguy32 Senior Refuge Member

WOW thats one long pipe

10. cnegeese801

cnegeese801 Senior Refuge Member

I was going to I think that is for the pipeline project that is in the near future?!?! My question is will the pipeline be underground or above???? I am Going to guess that it will be above ground. It will be interesting what damage will be done.