Southern Maryland Deer Hunting

bird junkie

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Where is the reading comprehension the worst: on the lower shore, eastern shore, western shore or southern Maryland?
The slower lower shore is how it’s always been presented to me. It is that because it’s slower paced or slower mental accuity?

bird junkie

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I mean, there’s plenty of people who do not consider the western shore as part of Maryland. Or they at least feel it should be a different state.
The first English settlement in Md was in southern md I believe. I know the first state house was there. So in reality maybe the shore should be it’s own state.

Scotty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
The first English settlement in Md was in southern md I believe. I know the first state house was there. So in reality maybe the shore should be it’s own state.
It was on Kent Island.

bird junkie

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
It was on Kent Island.
I don’t think so but maybe your right. I was always was told St. clements island was the first landing. Here is what the historians say

Smackdown 870

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
If your close to Delaware that ain,t Southern Md. !
While your correct people that don’t live in Maryland may think places like Willards Fuitland and such are southern maryland. That is the reason for me asking.

fowlwhacker

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Where is the reading comprehension the worst: on the lower shore, eastern shore, western shore or southern Maryland?
i will say that in some of the areas on the shore where white boots are the norm they kinda speak their own variation of the english language but I can't say whether or not their reading comprehension is any worse than some in other areas. they just speak a bit different but good people.

markd

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I don’t think so but maybe your right. I was always was told St. clements island was the first landing.
Kent Island was first...St Clements was a year or two later, historic marker on the island reads the first Catholic Mass in the colonies was there.

bird junkie

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Kent Island was first...St Clements was a year or two later, historic marker on the island reads the first Catholic Mass in the colonies was there.
No matter how you put it in google it says the first settlement was St. Mary’s city but if you google Kent and look it says it was ? I had never looked it up spent a lot of summers within a stones throw and was always told St. Mary’s city was first settlement in Md. but by date obviously Kent was

Latest posts