Southern Utah????

Discussion in 'Utah Flyway Forum' started by BBFlinger, Jun 24, 2010.

1. BBFlinger

BBFlinger Elite Refuge Member

Hows the hunting down there? Do I need to save money for trips up north? Looks like the job offer will be coming in sometime next week?

2. Vanilla

Vanilla Elite Refuge Member

Trade in the shotgun for a big game rifle and a fly rod. There's some awesome country down that way.

3. ivan y

ivan y Senior Refuge Member

How far south??

I've hunted chunks of ground down there a long ways south that have kept me pretty content. But like Vanilla said, there's lots more to be had than just waterfowl that may overshadow duck and goose hunting unless your a fanatic.

4. BBFlinger

All the way south. St George. I am a fanatic about waterfowl. The boy really like it as well. I understand that the amount isnt what it is up here but quality is more important than quantity.

5. Love-to-hunt

Love-to-hunt Elite Refuge Member

Marty, I've been trying to buy a short sale house in the St. George area. If it comes through I plan on living down there from Jan thru Apr. Maybe we could hook up for some fishing, golf etc.

Would your move be permanant.

6. BBFlinger

Yea Pete, it will be permanant. Getting my retirement in order. We could get together and have a cool drink on the pool edge while everyone up here sits in front of the furnace.

7. mojo1

mojo1 Elite Refuge Member

LOL, in another year I'll be killing snows back home while you two are pool side.!:)

8. 10GAUGE19

10GAUGE19 Elite Refuge Member

Marty...I used to go down to St. George every year for the extended goose season and we always killed birds. There certainly wasn't a big number of birds in the area, but a good hunter can get on some birds. There are also other options just a little way North of there...Bicknell Bottoms, Piute res., Sevier river. You can also head South into Nevada and hit some of the waterfowl management areas there. Maybe you could get in touch with Baker and see if you guys could get out on a hunt together...:l:l:tu

9. dbennion

dbennion Senior Refuge Member

Dont know about St George but can deffinatly help you around Cedar City and north a bit. Not alot of options but not alot of pressure either. Mostly hunt late season after the football season is over. Got to get a little creative but it is fun. Shoot me a PM if your interested and we can exchange info.