Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Speak life

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Pastor, Jun 10, 2021 at 10:28 PM.

1. Pastor

Pastor Senior Refuge Member

Regardless if you are religious or not its obvious to anyone paying attention that people are fighting battles mentally, spiritually, and emotionally. We have no idea if we will have a second opportunity to speak encouraging words to someone who is contemplating ending it all. Sometimes the signs are subtle and hard to see but way too many are being lost. I've been reminded again just how awful this problem is. Not someone I knew personally but another family is devastated and a life thrown to the enemy. This war is real and being fought all around us. Maybe someone reading this is in the heat of this battle. Family and friends need us paying attention and speaking life into their souls. If anyone is struggling with suicide please reach out!!!

2. Pirogue

Pirogue Elite Refuge Member

3. waterswatter

waterswatter Elite Refuge Member

I've been told we can't fathom the depths of despair some people are feeling every day. It looks like they have it all but inside they are churning with unbearable pain. Not something I understand but I do have empathy.

4. Luigi Daniele

Luigi Daniele Turkey Hunters Forum Moderator

NorCal: specks,sprig,gobblers,blacktails.
    Amen

goosehunter64 likes this.
  5. orangelegs73

orangelegs73 Refuge Member

Amen, Pastor. Thank you for speaking the truth!

goosehunter64 likes this.
  6. Louie B

Louie B New Member

7. goosehunter64

goosehunter64 Elite Refuge Member

Amen...it is a very long dark road.
    God bless every soul and Lord Jesus Christ...send out your holy spirit and comfort and protect those souls contemplating suicide this night or any other night in the future Lord.
    Amen

ARHHH4 and Louie B like this.
  8. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Suicide is telling God that "the tests you're giving me are too hard and I'd like to just skip my way to heaven" and by skipping the lessons you sort of just sent God a message that can't be denied.
    He dont like that.

I find the saddest thing is how scared people are. They going around hating on things acting out how they feel. Most don't see that they are under spiritual attack and many embrace it. Another SJW is 'woke.

9. Woodduck31

Woodduck31 Elite Refuge Member

As someone who has struggled with anxiety and depression most of my adult life, I think I can give you some insight. For me it's part of being severely dyslexic, it colors your entire life perspective. It has a lot to do with always feeling isolated, alone even in a crowd. If it weren't for my relationship with Jesus, I'd have been gone a long time ago. Not everyone has the ability to cope, we can't always tell who those people are that are having trouble. Just care, ask people how they are doing and really want to know. Do what you can to help people through their troubles, times are tough right now for many. Just listening can make a world of difference.

10. goosehunter64

goosehunter64 Elite Refuge Member

I was once right on the edge...my life had become an dark void. The walls were closing in.
    I was just about to.....
    I was pulled back, even though I believed in God and Jesus, I didn't have the holy spirit in me.
    That took years for me to achieve.
    On Feb 3rd 2020...I was born again. Mind you, it's still a battle and a spiritual struggle to get rid of so many demons that built up inside of me.
    Jesus never left me...and knew I was worth saving even when I didn't.
    I was saved...I couldn't believe it. After him saving me physically and spiritually so many time during my life...I finally seen the light on that day.
    I'm trying to help him save souls now.
    God bless you all.
    Amen

Meach, Aunt Betty, Grif and 3 others like this.