Speaking of legislation...

kahunna

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
How 'bout the proposed bill for permanent Daylight Savings Time, meaning an 8:30 AM sunrise time (on the shortest day of the year) for waterfowlers??? Can't wait to roll out at 7 AM instead of 6.:bow

Tailfeathers

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Its always dark when I wake for hunting and dark when we hit the blind. A number on my watch and an hours time wont mean jack to me.

Tailfeathers

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
No, what I was saying was that legal time is based on sunrise and sunset and that no matter what the number is on my watch and clock, doesnt matter to when I get out of bed which is how much time I need to travel and set up decoys before a half hour before sunrise.
Why drag SH into a daylight savings time thread?

Sitndux

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Personally do not want the change to permanent daylight savings time.
I like to hunt before work...work starts at 8:30. No more hunting before work.
If I was retired I wouldn't care.

markd

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I wonder what drywall, electricians, flooring, roofers..... will do not starting to work until daylight. That will be a big change.

I get up early so I like it daylight early. People who are lazy like to sleep in.....except for you Kahunna.....you are always tan, rested and ready!

Aythya69

Reaction score
Since I set out the decoys for K anyway, he doesn't roll out to the blind until 9:00 on a good day. Don't let him fool you, this daylight thing won't matter to him.

kahunna

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Just wait till you two guys hit 71 on the old age-o-meter...you will understand! By the way, because of my wife's schedule, I do get up at 5 AM Tues, Wed, Thurs...any points for that?

Carry on...got to go catch a nap, been up for three hours now. Up in time later to work on my tan.

TF - SH/DST not related, just an example of the same type of convoluted logic/reasoning.