Sportsmen Help[ Needed

feathhd

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
To my fellow sportsmen, we are looking for your help and support in acquiring a 20 acre parcel along the big sioux river that will also include the development of a boat ramp. We will buy this 20 acre parcel for the TNC The Nature Conservancy who is also going to act as the 501c3 which permits donations as a tax deduction. This deal also includes that the land be donated to the IDNR for public recreation. The Key is have access to the river vs the 30 miles between two boat ramps. Sioux city and westfield. No access between the 2. We seek to change that. With your help and support it is possible. Please copy and paste this letter and post it where you can to gain further support in this effort. Make all checks Toor cashier checks out to the Nature Conservancy in the memo line place 20 acre parcel purchase plymouth county. Send your donation to Bill Smith 5309 hwy 75n lot 44 sioux city iowa 51108. Lets increase our access opportunity folks.. Whatever you can is a help. The cost of this is 70K so if 1500 folks pitched in $50 bucks we would reach the goal of 70k easy with an extra 5k to boot. Again any support that you can afford is a plus in the right direction. $5-$10 it doesnt matter.

R.R.HARBAUGH

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Good Morning Bill,
Hope all is well...
The Nature Conservancy does not allow duck hunting on their properties. And only good ole boys board members get to deer hunt it.
They bought up all the bottom ground on the Cedar River and shut us duck hunters OUT!!!
I agree we need Access to rivers!!! We have no say in how they control it.
Solid Pass.
Regards,

riverrat47

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
RR, TNC has bought several properties along the Illinois River, in Illinois, including Emiquon and Spunky Bottoms, that are both open to duck hunting. I don't know what the restrictions are, but several of my old buddies from the Havana area do hunt those areas.

R.R.HARBAUGH

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
In IOWA both of TNC programs,Wetlands and Oxbow offer ZERO access for waterfowlers
Zero!!!
They ride around every year in side by sides showing the money folks all that they do
Purchase Property’s!!! Then close them to access.
Come deeeer season the same side by sides show up with the LL Bean boot boys and flashy orange barrage begins.
Nothing more than a sham to get you to pay for their private hunting club!!!
Sickening the amount of river bottom ground with Oxbows that are camera watched and CLOSED to access.
Doesn't matter if I’m a donor
Sorry Sir for Board Members ONLY!!!

feathhd

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
harbaugh the land is owned by the tnc who is selling it to us but as part of that agreement the land will be donated to to idnr for public recreation which will include the construction of a boat ramp to boot.