Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Spraying your yard for mosquitoes

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by bbfky, May 17, 2020.

1. bbfky

bbfky Elite Refuge Member

Anyone have any suggestions for yard spraying other than using a commercial company? We have used commercial companies the past few years but each application is expensive. 1/2 acre with some dense bushes around the front and sides of the house. I have learned a lot about mosquitoes over the years talking with some of the technicians and came across an interesting site yesterday called https://mosquitosnipersystem.com/. Anyone ever convert their leaf blower into a sprayer system or something similar to get rid of the mosquitoes ?

2. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

GUNNERX2 likes this.
  3. boodog

boodog Elite Refuge Member

Talstar Pro or TempoSC- I use it in an ag sprayer for the buildings on my farm for wasps and yellow jackets-should also work for mosquitoes. Same stuff as the commercial guys use. Instead of paying $600 a year for the pros-it costs me appx $30 a year for 3 rounds of spraying-May to October. Check out DOMYOWN PEST CONTROL-free shipping/

Lip Shooter and tcc like this.
  4. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

I use Ortho or Cutter through the hose.

Key is to do it every two weeks for six weeks. Cuts em way down.

Also no matter how much you spray, you have to eliminate any and all standing water in buckets, gutters, kids toys, etc.

I used the Eradicator system but was not impressed with it.

I'm in a development with 1/4 to 1/2 acre sized lots.

5. boodog

One more thing I forgot-if you have standing water use Mosquito Dunks-should be able to find them at your local hardware store.

6. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

You can even get generic versions of the Talstar; I believe Bifenthrin or something like that is the active ingredient. I found some at Tractor Supply pretty cheap and it works well. About to spray some soon myself

7. boodog

Yep-just got some from DOMYOWN-a little cheaper than the brand name and just as effective.

tcc likes this.
  8. bbfky

bbfky Elite Refuge Member

Wow Thanks for all the suggestions guys I really appreciate it We have a neighbor that has a drainage ditch right beside our house that likes to cut up trees and stack big piles of branches in the drainage ditch which doesn't help
    it's a breeding zone so I'll be spraying over the fence to the giant branch pile as well as my yard

9. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

Last year was the 1st year I used them and they worked well. Got them up in the yard again this year.

10. Soggy Socks

Soggy Socks Senior Refuge Member

They work on black flies too??