Stand Your Ground: McGlockton shooting

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Squaller, Jul 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

Another bad deal. In my view, less warranted than "My son Travon".
    But Ive never argued with a women over a parking spot, my wife generally doesnt argue with strangers, or have I had a big dude pop me to the ground. I believe would have a tough time with pulling a trigger.
    My point of view: a heart shot wasnt justified. I think the wrong choice was made by the guy on the ground thinking he needed need to pull the trigger.

WoodieSC and jzoo like this.
  2. Whistle

Whistle Senior Refuge Member

I mean, it WAS posted, so anyone that parks there totally deserves to die :scratch

3. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

Yes - it could possibly turn out to be Trayvon v 2.0 because it is in FL (even though Zimmerman didn't use Stand Your Ground). And it is an election year for Governor and for a Senate seat (Bill Nelson is up for re-election against - looks like Rick Scott will be the R candidate)...

This has the makings to be used by both sides to push an agenda... Left to ban guns and get out the vote. And the Right to ask for donations to protect gun rights...

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    Squaller likes this.
  4. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

Everyone these thinks they are entitled to everything and the laws apply to everyone but me. Immigration and most other laws are ignored, so why do these actions surprise us. I see the crap daily, I just shake my head over all the idiots. These events get used a fuel to fire to ban guns.

5. buckmaster1

buckmaster1 Elite Refuge Member

Apollo Beach, Fl, Formerly from Gloucester, VA
    I live nearby and this has been all over the news. When it first happened last Thursday a longer video clip was aired. It showed the "Victim" coming out the store and go right up to the shooter and without any hesitation shove the shooter hard to the ground with both hands. The girlfriend was still in the car and was not in any danger as no weapon had been produced. This is an unprovoked assault. The shooter is almost twice the age of the victim and almost half his size. Since no details of the shooters police interview are given, we don't know what he told them. I can only guess that he told them he was in fear of further assault. While it is sad for the lost of life, in my opinion the shooting is justified.

6. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6! :yes

igo4dux75 and J.SCOTT like this.
  7. creedsduckman

creedsduckman Elite Refuge Member

Another example of how some people think they can do whatever they want regardless of rules or laws until something like this happens and all of the sudden they are the innocent victim.
    Can't say I would have shot the guy but Raylan might have so maybe it is Justified.

newduk and WHUP ! Hen like this.
  8. J.Bennett

J.Bennett Elite Refuge Member

Let the people who are paid to enforce parking regulations handle parking violations rather than verbally assaulting a woman with a car full of kids and these things won't happen...

You are right, the guy should have kept his hands to himself and his girlfriend shouldn't have parked in a handicapped spot, but by the same token, the other guy shouldn't have verbally assaulted a woman in a car full of kids (who, for all he knew could have been handicapped and just driving a borrowed car) and he probably shouldn't have shot the guy (who in the 3 seconds between the gun being pulled and the trigger being pulled very obviously backed away, a move that would have alleviated any fear of death or bodily harm for a reasonable person) who was trying to defend his family from some crazy guy that was verbally assaulting them.

Look I'm all for standing your ground, but if you go out of your way to assault (verbally or otherwise) someone, are you really "standing your ground?" If you pull a gun and the person that you were so scared of instantly backs away and makes no further advances towards you in the time between when you first pull the gun and when you shoot, are you really "standing your ground?" Standing your ground (to me, at least) implies that someone is trying to force you to give up your ground. If someone is backing away from you, how exactly are they doing that? It's called "stand your ground," not "advance your ground" or "retake your ground"...

Honestly, I don't know how I'd react if I saw someone verbally assaulting the mother of my children while 2 of those children were in the car. There would definitely be some reaction from me. Depending upon what was being said, that reaction might be physical in nature.

@pintail2222 here is the video without the edit...

WoodieSC, EL GURU, Squaller and 8 others like this.
  9. J.Bennett

The girlfriend was very clearly out of the car before any physical contact occurred.

If the above is true and if the guy who got shot never produced a weapon, then using the same logic how can this be true?

10. J.Bennett

Actually since physical contact was made, it would be battery. Assault was what the shooter was doing to the dead guy's girlfriend in front of his 2 young children. As far as unprovoked goes... What would you do if you came out of the store and found some guy yelling at your wife in front of your 2 kids? The shooter threatened to shoot someone a couple months earlier for doing the same thing, so I can only imagine the threats he was making towards the girlfriend.

WoodieSC and freefall like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.