Stand Your Ground: McGlockton shooting

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Squaller, Jul 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silver Wings

Silver Wings Elite Refuge Member

After watching the video and having a better understanding of Florida's stand your ground law I would like to amend my previous statement :l

First...dude ain't even old, he's 47...still a dip, just not old.

Second...I now believe he only has a 15% chance of going to prison. It'll depend on the state attorney's view of things. That was a long 4 seconds in my view...your view may differ.

Third...Marquis remains a dip, albeit a dead one. I did not include this in my previous post, because I felt it went without saying.

2. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

Not going to prison might get civil suit against him but he was in his right being blindsided by the dead man.

Did anyone watch the interview and grasp the attitude. I can park anywhere I want.
    So if the lazy *** had parked where she should have then this wouldn't have happened.

pintail2222 likes this.
  3. Silver Wings

See post 41.
    The Sheriff feels it falls within the stand your ground "bookends". He then stated that if the state attorney felt otherwise that they could make their case.
    I didn't see that the guy was 47, so no he won't go to prison for the rest of his life. He may still go for some time though, even if he doesn't, I'd wager he would take the "do over". Running his big mouth has opened up a can of worms that he's going to regret for a long time to come.

4. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

I didn’t know the age of the guy until I watched the video too. Prior to that most of what I heard was the he was an old man.

So being 47 I’d say he can’t use the curmudgeon excuse.

Why he didn’t just wait for the reaction to pulling out the gun...

Silver Wings likes this.
  5. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

Looks like it could depend on who wins the election.

Silver Wings likes this.
  6. newduk

newduk Elite Refuge Member

Plenty of blame to go around. Seems the shooter has a habit of confronting people who park in handicap spaces. Wonder if carrying made him feel like a big dog? So now, someone is dead because of his ego. Boyfriend could have told shooter to f off, and driven away, no physical action needed. I didn't care for girlfriend attitude, "I can park anywhere I want". I never heard her say she or boyfriend were or were not handicapped. Either way, lots of things were done that could've been done differently.

Rogue Hunter and Silver Wings like this.
  7. Mort

Mort Elite Refuge Member

3 things for certain.
    1. Old guy should have waited until he was certain he was going to be attacked.
    2. Dead guy should have kept his hands to himself.
    3. Girlfriend will be thinking twice about parking anywhere she wants to next time.

lugnut and newduk like this.
  8. Silver Wings

Because he's the same guy that though that getting into a pissing contest with a stranger, over a parking space, made sense.

The_Duck_Master and newduk like this.
  9. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Do we know that the old guy(well, the shooter; didn't realize he was only 47 either) tore into the girl, or did he possibly just point out she was in a handicap spot and she escalated from there? Doesn't matter in the end, I'm just curious as everyone keeps seems to think he let her have it from the get go.
    I know in my experience with woman with such as her it takes little more than a funny look for them to go ballistic.

10. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

I see this in a whole different light. One person pointing out to another that they are being a douche by taking a parking spot designated for someone who is handicapped. Those spots are setup and designed to accommodate vehicles that use wheelchairs. Buddys son is in a wheelchair, thanks to an IED in Afghanistan. He says that when spaces are full he will wait until one frees up. He respects other peoples vehicles and doesn't want to unintentionally damage another vehicle trying to get his chair out and into it.

So the wrong here started with that period. Second wrong was the guy blindsiding him and I think the FL Sentinel said witnesses heard the dead guy shouting I am going to stomp your ***. Guy is on the ground about to be stomped and pops a cap on his attacker.

I feel for the shooter and what he will deal with, as well as the others affected by this. But stop with the whine that the guy should not have pulled his firearm and defended himself once on the ground from a blind side attack. Should he have waited for the guy to stomp him before doing so or have his firearm taken and used on him?

Sad deal but the shooter should not face any charges at all and the dead mans family should get zilch in civil suit as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.