Starting time for opener

Discussion in 'Utah Flyway Forum' started by tanner, Oct 5, 2013.

1. BLKFTDN

BLKFTDN Elite Refuge Member

agreed... among other antiquated rules/regs.

2. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

Like the 8:00 AM on the opening of pheasent:doh

3. BLKFTDN

The rules/penalties are not the issue, its the sheer number of folks that constantly want to break the rules, vs the amount of manpower the enforcing entity has to bring to bear. Knowing this, the lawbreakers choose to play the numbers on the premis that a bird or two more in their bag somehow means dittly to others. The penalty could be a million dollars... you'll still get the chance takers popping off in closed hours.

4. BLKFTDN

Remember when it was noon?

5. skybusterbob

skybusterbob Senior Refuge Member

I'm surprised that people are surprised by the early shooting. If you go out on the opener you know shooting is starting early. I was shocked this year no shooting in the area I hunted was before shooting hours. Why even [email protected] about it on a message board.

6. duckslayer14

duckslayer14 Senior Refuge Member

I think a later shooting time on the opener allows you to see who is around you better because we all know no matter where you set up there is going to be a guy within 100yds. That being said 30min early is out of line. Read the dang proc! Its really not that confusing. I know it ruined our hunt... by the time it was legal to shoot we already had over 100 birds buzz the decoys (mostly teal) I can deal with 5-10 min...but 30...come on! :mad:

7. Vanilla

Vanilla Elite Refuge Member

People that didn't understand the proclamation just didn't want to understand. I'm not a genius and I knew it started at 7:30, even with the change in wording.

There have been a handful of years where shooting didn't start until about 10 minutes before legal, but those are few and far between. Easy answer is just handle it like every other day of the year.