Stick a fork in it

yankeegray

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Not much going on this time of year. Few fun facts tomatoes in the ground got a new shotgun need to shoot a few rounds of trap before season arrives.

Day dreams about a trip to Canadian this year Probably get vetoed though. Hay old man can dream. Thought

goosehunter64

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Not much going on this time of year. Few fun facts tomatoes in the ground got a new shotgun need to shoot a few rounds of trap before season arrives.

Day dreams about a trip to Canadian this year Probably get vetoed though. Hay old man can dream. Thought
Where is Canadian?? Hahaha

ixkaped2

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Just nothing to say. Turkey hunted couple times here. Nothin. Two trips to MO. Nothin. The turkeys eluded me this year. At least came close when hunting final weekend in MO. Maybe next year

noweil

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I was busy chasing turkeys the last 2 seasons. They were giving me fits. They would stay at about 80 yards. Usually I can wait them out or let them walk off and call them back closer. Not this year. I been doing this over 3 decades with a gun, a call, and a cushion to sit on. I finally broke down and bought a good made in the USA decoy. It paid off on mothers day.
20220508_094408.jpg

yankeegray

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Nice bird. Had the same problem down here Could not get them to finish

noweil

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Nice bird. Had the same problem down here Could not get them to finish
I put my mouth call away, I wasn't getting the response I usually expect. I got out the old MAD high frequency Super Aluminator call, and got the DSD. If I was spending money on a good decoy, I'm buying the one made in the USA. That bird came in from behind me at 9:15 totally silent. I had not heard a bird since 5:55 am. Just called every 15-20 minutes. I did not know he was there until his feathers went whoof as he strutted 15 yards off my left shoulder. I didnt get much time to enjoy the show. He was 8 steps from the new decoy when he got shot.

ixkaped2

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I bought a new Beretta a400 recently. Haven't fired it yet. Is there any break-in tactics that I need to perform on it or is it ready to take dove hunting Sept. 1 ?

noweil

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I bought a new Beretta a400 recently. Haven't fired it yet. Is there any break-in tactics that I need to perform on it or is it ready to take dove hunting Sept. 1 ?
What does the owners manual say? Take that new gun, put improved cylinder choke in it, 4 or 5 boxes of target loads, drive an hour to Oakland to Ole Barn Sporting Clays, and shoot that gun on the front course. Don't wait till fall to take it out.

Latest posts