Stick a fork in it

DuckyPhe

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a new Beretta a400 recently. Haven't fired it yet. Is there any break-in tactics that I need to perform on it or is it ready to take dove hunting Sept. 1 ?
I have broken in quite a few of them for myself and buddies. Noweil is right on target with his advice. I'll just add that I usually strip all the packing/shipping preservative goop off with a good de-greaser like Gun Scrubber and lube the rails with a quality product like Sheath first. During the first box of 3dram 1 1/8oz clay loads don't be surprised if you have one or two jams but two is the most I've experienced so far. After a couple boxes, I've never had another jam out of one no matter what load I shoot thru them. Great guns!

Ethan Terry

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
image.jpg

Il. MudDuk

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Il. MudDuk I haven't seen one of them lizards in central Illinois in a long time. Used to see them frequently.
Seen another one today (same place).
I haven't bothered to check on what their different colors mean (the species, I would imagine) or what their habitat needs are, but I do notice that they seem to be hit & miss in regards to where I see em.

ARHHH4

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I haven’t been on here as much the past week or so…. With the weather getting nicer, this younger crowd doesnt have it in em to make a conscious effort to try making it to work. I just got off at 11, and am heading back in at 6:30 for another double. Be my fourth since last Monday. I did manage to make it out with the boys before work this morning though to fish a new pond. Got some toad bluegill and red ear in it
8B48AFFD-D809-42F9-9E08-86AD3ECF2853.jpeg
F3DC695D-94F2-4AAB-97F4-0A1FB40D7FE4.jpeg
EC823C7F-8340-4908-8DE2-D091B8E158E1.jpeg

Il. MudDuk

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I get one more damn text message from a politician telling me how the opposing party are crooked and deceitful people, I'm gonna flip out.

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
If I get one more damn text message from a politician telling me how the opposing party are crooked and deceitful people, I'm gonna flip out.
Your car's warranty is expired too. ;)

rism

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I don't have that problem - I don't carry a phone or text. Didn't need it for 65 years. Don't need it now.