Storm Warning Tuesday

Discussion in 'Utah Flyway Forum' started by Vanilla, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Vanilla

Vanilla Elite Refuge Member

Thought I'd pass on the info to everyone about the storm they are predicting for tomorrow in the early evening. If you commute, or anticipate being on the roads starting in the late afternoon/early evening tomorrow (Tues), then you really want to check this out!

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/slc/wxbriefing/wxb22nov2010/player.html

2. silversurfer

silversurfer Elite Refuge Member

Looks like the perfect storm . Be safe and smart!!:tu

3. bubba41

bubba41 Elite Refuge Member

I plow snow and this storm looks like a hum dinger. There goes my sleep for a few days. Say good bye to the birds. Water going to be frozen up tighter than a turd. Be safe and stay off the roads unless you absolutely have to be.

4. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

A true blizzard warning:grvn. First in 30 years up here.
    My Principal is betting breckfast that school will be closed
    Our Superintendent is from Alaska and is saying this district doesnt close (a lawsuit will cure that foolishness.)
    On my way home the south side of the road had 2 foot drifts ,.. Nobody could drive through that stuff
    Me I have the snow cover on the blind and will have the truck loaded shortly.

Ill get to the field,..and wait, And if its a 2 hour late start at school and the birds late. Oh-well , like they say "a bad day hunting beats anyday at work"

5. C-dizzle

C-dizzle Senior Refuge Member

Wow! Sounds like a whopper but Brian's voice soothed my worried soul so I feel at peace with myself at this moment;)

6. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

Screaming winds 40-50 mph; 30 degrees; at 8:30,.. No school: No snow: no goose hunting.
    As soon as I get the courage Im going duck hunting:nutz

7. Vanilla

8. Top Gun

Top Gun Refuge Member

We'll the storm hit me, literally. We'll actually it was a guy in a blue dodge that slid through the intersection an I t-boned him. Not my fault tho. Guys was nice and felt bad. Accidents happen.

9. nbp

nbp Senior Refuge Member

i spent the better part of 10 minutes today digging out from underneath at least 3 whole inches of snow left by this powerful storm. I'm glad the weather community built this thing up to be blizzard 2010 (literally what fox 13 deemed it). I wish they would be a little more honest with this stuff, blowing snow and icy conditions seems like the proper warning to me. Instead we have a warning of the apocolypse a shut down city and not much to show for it. better safe than sorry i guess.

10. Vanilla

What would people be saying today if they had said "Blowing snow and icy conditions" and then the storm turned out to be much worse?

I'm actually grateful that they gave us a warning of how bad it COULD have been. We didn't get much of anything down in my neck of the woods, but my brother reported to me that there was pure white-out conditions for over an hour where they live. Some places got it, others didn't. I'm not complaining that my wife and I both called it a day early and were home safe and sound at the end of the day.

The reports were that most people heeded the warnings and were not around on the roads, but there was still 88 accidents with property damage, 116 cars reported sliding off the road that UHP had to assist with, and 7 injuries. Imagine if there had been no warning, and the regular crowds were on the road when the storm hit. If the blowing out of proportion saved one life...I'd say it was worth it.