Stream Access

Discussion in 'Utah Flyway Forum' started by Vanilla, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Vanilla

Vanilla Elite Refuge Member

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/55816615-78/access-bill-idaho-pitcher.html.csp

Well, tis the season. And the Utah Stream Access Coaltion is back at it, fighting for your rights as Utah's sportsmen. Funny that you'd look at the state just north of us to see how they have had peace between private property rights and the rights of the public to utilize public resources. This will be a win-win for everyone. Hope cooler heads can prevail this go-round.

2. rjefre

rjefre Elite Refuge Member

I'm still saddend by the lack of concern legislators showed towoard fihermen when they passed the anti-fishing bill. Any compromise, no matter how well intentioned will probably have to pass through the House Natural Resources committee. The same old boys that passed the anti-fishing bill are still there. And the new Committee Chairman is Rep Mike Noel...need I say more?
    R

3. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

Too bad for what ever reason Utah is so out of line compared to the rest of the US

Many state incorporate other requirements such is the water named in document, had public money been spent in the water shed such as dredging, ditching, piping.

Maybe someday greedy landowners will realize the waterway isnt thiers

Based on federal law

4. Vanilla

Vanilla Elite Refuge Member

R- there is a little more incentive for landowners to want to play nice this time around. If I was a stream front property owner on the Weber or Provo Rivers I'd be doing everything I could to make sure USAC's 2nd law suit went away. Pass this bill, both law suits are dismissed.

If Farm Bureau REALLY cares about protecting private property, they'd be wise to work to make this happen. I suspect they'll be focused more on the 'politics' of it than the likely repercussions to property owners if the 2nd law suit proceeds.