Striper fishing ?

JohnBZ

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I would look at either below Ft Loudon dam in Lenior City or below Watts Bar dam in Spring City. Norris Lake just outside Knoxville is pretty solid too. There are numerous guides that can be found with a google search.

If the family is wanting to go to the beach, I woud look at a trip to Weldon NC for the annual striper run. The run is starting to heat up now and 100+ fish a day is not uncommon,plus your about an hour or so away from the outer banks.
Thanks, ill check those out. We actually just went to the outer banks this past September to do some surf fishing and family beach time. The beach "requirement" is more of a bonus. Or a pool. Or a water park or whatever.

GUNNERX2

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
In the mid state, Percy Priest Lake could be a good choice and there is a water park there, Nashville Shores. Further south, Tims Ford Lake has good striper fishing and some very good smallmouth fishing. Jack Daniels distillery and George Dickel distillery are in the area and are open for tours if that is of interest.

JohnBZ

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the input so far fellas. I talked to my wife a little bit more about it and it sounds like she would be very interested in a trip on the eastern side of the state. She's always wanted to check out the smokey mountains more than at a glance as we drive through. I'll have to check out some of the recommendations in that area a little further and try to find the best area to make everyone happy.

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the input so far fellas. I talked to my wife a little bit more about it and it sounds like she would be very interested in a trip on the eastern side of the state. She's always wanted to check out the smokey mountains more than at a glance as we drive through. I'll have to check out some of the recommendations in that area a little further and try to find the best area to make everyone happy.

Good choice, I love living in West TN, but the east side would be my pick for a family vacation.

Quackerattacker

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Watts Bar for the striper fishing and you'd be around 1.5hrs away from Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge area. If fishing around the dam isn't your cup of tea, the humps out on the main lake has some monsters on them as well. Send me a dm if you need any local info

H20DAD

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Cumberland river. Look it up on YouTube. You’ll find guides. May-October big fish.

mallardhunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Cumberland river. Look it up on YouTube. You’ll find guides. May-October big fish.
Look closely and most (all?) of these guides are in Kentucky. Not far from Tennessee, but the OP was asking about Tennessee fishing. Wolf Creek Dam, Lake Cumberland, etc. are Kentucky locations.

Brad Horton

Reaction score
Old Hickory.... Released..... Trolling in the channel.

Attachments

• 46in Striped Bass 030622 Old Hickory.jpg
    46in Striped Bass 030622 Old Hickory.jpg
    746.7 KB · Views: 19