Struggle is real

Quackerattacker

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Well this was the weekend for the big blind haul and setup. Got a late start to begin with, one of the fellas had to take his mom to the heart Dr for check up so we took off late in the evening. Bout halfway in the trip bearing in boat trailer gives up the ghost. So on the side of the interstate, me and the other guy in the group starts repair while he goes and gets a hub. Luckily us rednecks travel with everything you can think of, cause it ended up taking a generator and a grinder to complete the job. Had a couple other minor snags the next morning while transporting blind, as the motor kept over heating. All in all though a successful trip, with some stories for the blind to kill the time this winter.

AppalachianHollers

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
61EE8447-D75B-4DEB-B146-A3AD6A2F9992.jpeg

coachcornbread

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Sounds close to one of my trips from east TN to west.

Around 99/2000 we were going for opening day at our blind in Camden. I was working 2nd shift in Athens at the time so me and one of the guys left at 11 pm to drive over while the other 3 left that afternoon. Our plan was to get to the ramp and sleep in the truck till they got there. We get up the mountain and thru Crossville to just outside of cookville and had a blowout on the boat trailer. No biggie I said, we will just go to Wally World in cookville and get a new tire. Get there and of course they don’t have the right lug pattern on any of their tires. There was a cop there so I asked him if there was anywhere that done 24 hr tire repair and he gave me the number for a place just past cookville, bear in mind it’s going on 2 am. Call the number and a guy answers the phone and I tell him our situation. He says, and I quote, “ I can fix that, give me about 30 minutes to finish this 6 pack of beer.” We meet him at his shop, he fixes our tire (for a nice fee), throws in an old tire and rim he had for us to use as a spare, and sends us on our way. We get back to the boat, throw the tire on the trailer and haul *** to Camden. We get to the ramp with about 30 minutes before shooting time, the other guys had already launched their boat and went on it. We roll up to the blind with about 5 minutes to spare. This is before cell phones were the norm so our buddies had just given up on us. That ended up being an expensive trip, at least we scratched a few birds out.

bluemarlin08

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Back in the 90’s was to meet a friend in Waverly to hunt the Duck river. I get there and ask him where was his boat he said I was suppose to bring mine.

Latest posts