Stuck choke tube

Little Ruddy

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
That's the best idea yet, clean it every time after your hunt and there's never an issue. Especially if its been raining or you hunt on salt water.

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Try tightening it before you try loosening. It's counterintuitive but might just work.

Tailfeathers

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I agree above. No torch, no paint melting heat gun. Just a hair dryer. I think rust is holding that choke tube in. I think WD40 loosens rust. If not, other products do.

Tomstoswans486

Refuge Member
Reaction score
Is it an extended choke and ported? I had that happen to a turkey choke (one day of rain, and BOOM rust). I took the barrel off and put it in a vice clamp, took a metal punch that could fit through one of the ports and turned and out it came.

If it's not extended all of the above may work. A good soak in PB Blaster, 3 days or so and crank on it. Good luck! I would not advise on hitting with a rubber malet or anything. A buddy did that, his gun shot 2ft to the left for the rest of it's life haha

LEWDOG

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the tips I will do the hairdryer freezer after I get a new choke tube wrench . No one suggested to but I was thinking of shooting about 10 # 8 leads through it with the hopes of freeing it up . Sorry guys but after one uses a gun for a paddle or in the case of the 88 a step to get out of a hole , the best it gets is a shower to wash the sand out of the cracks . Yes I know exactly why I'm having this problem .

fowlwhacker

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
my go to home blend for really bad chit is 50/50 of ATF and Acetone. make sure you have something metal like an old coffee can to put this in as the acetone will eat through most plastic. I got one of those old style metal oilers that I use to keep the blend it to squirt on stuff. had much better results with this blend than any store bought stuff and I think I have tried just about everything out there on the market and watched a bunch of youtube videos on test folks have run using different products.