Sure Cycle System

NW BIRDHUNTER

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Just went thru the whole gun, cleaning it with Breakfree CLP. I totally disassembled it, and cleaned it all. We’ll see how it works now. It was just getting slow Saturday morning, we had temps in the teens and it was getting slow, so I was thinking the Sure Cycle would be the ticket. I’ll update again when it gets cold again.
Next time you clean it, spend the $5.00 and put a new recoil spring in it. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Alldrakes

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

Alldrakes

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Just went thru the whole gun, cleaning it with Breakfree CLP. I totally disassembled it, and cleaned it all. We’ll see how it works now. It was just getting slow Saturday morning, we had temps in the teens and it was getting slow, so I was thinking the Sure Cycle would be the ticket. I’ll update again when it gets cold again.
Cold weather makes a lot of autos work slower. It brings to light your cleaning regiment as also what oil you are using. FP-10 oil has been my go to here in WI for 15 years. Great stuff in cold weather.

Timber

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
If you have been cleaning your gun properly you would know that you don't need a gunsmith.
FYI, I clean my guns, and don’t need someone telling me what I do and don’t know. It says your a supporting member, maybe you should support with positive comments!

Kevin Burroughs

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry but unless you have be removing the recoil spring and cleaning the tube, you are not cleaning your gun correctly. If your recoil spring is located in the stock, pull the stock off and remove the spring and clean it correctly. There are some Beretta and Benelli shotguns that have the recoil spring in the receiver and over the magazine tube.

There is a sticky on the top of this page that will help you to clean your shotgun properly. Youtube also has a lot of video's on how to take down your shotgun and clean it.

Timber

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I don’t take the spring out every time I clean the gun, but with the way it’s acting, I guess I need to. I have 7 or 8 SX model guns, and haven’t had as much trouble out of the SX2 and SX3 as I have from the SX4

duckbuster5901

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Next time you clean it, spend the $5.00 and put a new recoil spring in it. You may be pleasantly surprised.
Dirty gun will get slow in those temps. When you clean recoil spring and tube lightly spray with CLP and then blow off with air hose. Same thing for trigger mechanism and action. The slightest film is all you need. Takes a lot of shooting to wear down the efficiency of a recoil spring if kept properly cleaned. Only way to help prevent problems in a gas auto and a good practice for even recoil operated autos. They all run good till you get below freezing.

Kevin Burroughs

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t take the spring out every time I clean the gun, but with the way it’s acting, I guess I need to. I have 7 or 8 SX model guns, and haven’t had as much trouble out of the SX2 and SX3 as I have from the SX4
Read the sticky and clean your shotgun correctly before spending money you don't need. A dirty recoil spring tube and spring are the #1 reason shotguns run slow and don't feed. Not lubing them correctly or with the wrong stuff is a close second.

That sticky on cleaning your shotgun will really help you get your shotgun clean and eliminate dirt and grime as the reason for your problems.

Ravenanme

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
While cleaning the recoil tube take notice if there's a bleed hole/ slot at the bottom ? Some have it and some don't !
It surely allows rain and grime to be pushed out as the action is operated ! Remember , those tubes don't come out so don't think you can
un-thread them !

NW BIRDHUNTER

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Dirty gun will get slow in those temps. When you clean recoil spring and tube lightly spray with CLP and then blow off with air hose. Same thing for trigger mechanism and action. The slightest film is all you need. Takes a lot of shooting to wear down the efficiency of a recoil spring if kept properly cleaned. Only way to help prevent problems in a gas auto and a good practice for even recoil operated autos. They all run good till you get below freezing.
Is that so? So your saying the recoil spring doesn't go bad. I see.