Sure Cycle System

duckbuster5901

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
A goods stretch before reinstalling after deep cleaning can go a long ways to getting the most life out a recoil spring or at least it has in my guns.

Ravenanme

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
A good cleaning of the action springs tube as well as the spring assures its strength can move forward freely but crud that gathers around the
Plunger ( Powder and grime ) will slow its forward movement !

OnTheX

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Umm... I bet to differ, at least on a Benelli with a recoil tube in the stock.

When my SBE2 started acting up I fully stripped the gun, took off the part 74 (no clue the name, recoil spring cap?) and pulled out the spring, the plunger, and whatever else was inside along with I swear crude oil. It was just super think mess of oil, rice, unburnt powder, etc. 100% the first thing I would clean if my gun was not cycling.

Jeff sold it?

To the OP, there should be PLENTY of videos on youtube about it, but put it in a padded vise, get some towels, a heat gun and a punch or drift and start to slowly put pressure on it. It will come out.
Yes, they are no longer in Idaho. I made the mistake of not getting springs from Jeff.

OnTheX

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Yes, they are no longer in Idaho. I made the mistake of not getting springs from Jeff.
Just got emailed notice from MidwestGunWorks Gold 10 ga Surecycle back in stock. A lot of money to replace the main spring.