Swamp Progression Pics

Discussion in 'Habitat Forum' started by Bluedog, Jul 21, 2020.

1. KAHunter

KAHunter Elite Refuge Member

Thats awesome. I had some flooded timber I could hunt for a few years but lost the rights when the farmers brother and buddies decided they wanted to hunt in there all of a sudden. I really miss it. Killed tons of mallards and woodies and geese with a good mix of other ducks. I will have a flooded timber spot again one of these days. Nothing like mallards dropping in to a flooded timber hole.

2. Bluedog

Bluedog Elite Refuge Member

So much for dodging tropical storms hahaha. Tropical Storm Isis(May as well be) in the way

3. JFG

JFG Elite Refuge Member

Yep, looks like we’re going to get quite a bit. I think this storm will be a quick mover so hopefully the water amounts won’t be too severe. I need to catch some water at my place, at least I can control the level up to a certain point. Fingers crossed ....

4. Bluedog

Should have plenty of water to catch Tuesday haha. All my pictures may be for nought after Isis pulls out. If it dumps 4-6 inches west of our place, our stuff may be downriver somewhere by Wednesday morning lol. Weather, can’t do anything about it

5. Clayton

Clayton Moderator Moderator

Better move your camera up higher!

JFG and Bluedog like this.
  6. Bluedog

8E25D158-2774-4CC5-93EE-0928AE7ABDF7.jpeg 68536B30-8C23-488B-934E-62482C50174D.jpeg Went to our place to move cameras so I don’t get fish pics haha. BYG (actually Walters Millet to be exact I think) is just starting to head out. Only a few plants with heads and the same for the red root flat sedge

7. molliesmaster

molliesmaster Senior Refuge Member

How'd the storm treat you? It was nothing down here for us, and I mean nothing, I've had worse afternoon thunderstorms in the past month. I know the high tides and surge screwed up the coast a little though.

8. Bluedog

Got about a foot of water more than yesterday. Hopefully it will recede

9. Bluedog

FC7FF51D-CEFD-4668-A1E3-FCABE177DD8F.png FC7FF51D-CEFD-4668-A1E3-FCABE177DD8F.png Could have been worse I guess. Isis as you can imagine was a bear coming ashore in Oak Island NC. Caught lots of people by surprise as it strengthened quite a bit before landfall. We got about a foot of water in this spot where it is mainly flat sedge. This was yesterday. Fortunately the river was real low and the water is already receding. Down about 4-6 inches from this pic already

10. Clayton

Clayton Moderator Moderator

Nothing wrong with that at all. It will give it a good drink to jump start seed production.

JFG likes this.