Sx3

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by NTGrizz, Apr 1, 2021.

1. NTGrizz

NTGrizz New Member

I am a long time dear hunter,, I started duck hunting last year when I was invited out by a friend. I didn't have anything and over the course of the season I started buying everything I needed to get started. The one thing I couldn't find last year was a shotgun. I borrowed one through the season and now I'm looking to get one before next season. I have went around looking at different shotguns and have settled on getting a winchester sx4 but I can't find one in stock now with the 3.5 chamber. While I was at a local gun shop the other day they had a black sx3 on the rack for $899 brand new with 3.5 chamber and 28". I've heard these are more desirable than the sx4 but haven't been made in 2 years so I dont know how the still have a new one. I held the gun and it felt great to me but i wasn't sure about the price or why its been there for 2 years. I cant really find much online about what these used to be selling for. Is this shotgun worth that price and would it be a better buy over the sx4?

2. SkolMNDuckHunter

SkolMNDuckHunter Senior Refuge Member

Go back and buy it right now!

stoneyhu717, JFG, JP and 2 others like this.
  3. Farm4wildlife

Farm4wildlife Elite Refuge Member

I'd be all over a new sx-3.

It's probably nobody wants black. You need to have all matching camo so you can get a turduckeer now.

OneShotBandit, JFG and Billy Bob like this.
  4. Hambone79

Hambone79 New Member

i would buy it now. Black Guns Matter

OneShotBandit, Tuleman and twodog like this.
  5. Trevi

Trevi Senior Refuge Member

Where? I’ll race you back there.... that’s one of the best autoloaders ever made. You can always camo dip it if you want.

6. 2eagles

2eagles Elite Refuge Member

Buy!! My sons shoot SX3’s and I just bought an SX4 in 20 gauge. They have almost no problems with their 3’s. It’s basically the same as my go-to Browning Silver and I love that gun.

7. 2eagles

2eagles Elite Refuge Member

You on your way yet?

I posted again because I noticed my post count was 1999 and this makes an even 2000.

OneShotBandit, ronaldo and Fogie like this.
  8. cacklercrazy

cacklercrazy Senior Refuge Member

Totally agree to this. Buy and learn to strip it down and clean it. I tear my gun down at least once a year. I love it and shoot it better than any gun ever.

9. NTGrizz

NTGrizz New Member

It seems like everyone likes the sx3. I can find the upgrades the list that the sx4 has but what changed between the two to make the sx4 a cheaper gun?

10. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

More plastic parts.