Sx3

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by NTGrizz, Apr 1, 2021.

1. NTGrizz

NTGrizz New Member

I went back the the store and ended up buying it for 849. Im going to clean it up tonight and hopefully go clay shooting in the next few weeks. Thank you guys for all of the help and info.

ronaldo, dog duck gun and Billy Bob like this.
  2. Timber

Timber Senior Refuge Member

You'll be very happy with your purchase! I own 5 SX3'S and an SX4. I like the 4, but shoot the 3 better.

3. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Okay

4. SkolMNDuckHunter

SkolMNDuckHunter Senior Refuge Member

You sir got a HELL of a deal. Enjoy :clap

JFG and JP like this.
  5. Meach

Meach Elite Refuge Member

I have two SX3's and a SX4. Had two SX2's prior to that. You got a great deal.

6. stoneyhu717

stoneyhu717 Senior Refuge Member

The SX series/browning gold and silver series are excellent, soft shooting guns. Anytime you can get a non huglu 3.5” gas auto loader for less than $1000, you got a good deal. I purchased my Versa Max for $832 this season and it’s been the best waterfowl gun I’ve ever owned. I also went into the gun store looking for an SX4 when I came across the VM. You did well! You should drop plenty of ducks and geese with it.

7. duckbuster5901

duckbuster5901 Elite Refuge Member

Good proven platform from a long lineage of gas guns. If you find it shoots a bit high after shimming to your drop at comb you can actually double up one time on shims to get a bit more. Had to do that with my 20 SX3 as an aimed shot was just above bulls eye when testing POA. Brought gun down just right for me on poi tests after doubling shims.

8. stoneyhu717

I personally like the versatility of a 3.5” gun. I don’t shoot 3.5” shells at ducks, but I use them for geese. If the current ammo shortage continues into duck season, 3.5” shells could be all that’s available. Those who don’t own guns capable of shooting any size 12 gauge round might end up being a spectator in the blind. Lol

dog duck gun and OneShotBandit like this.
  9. duckbuster5901

duckbuster5901 Elite Refuge Member

Thats why when you find a shell gun likes you gobble them up by the case. Youngest son started back water fowling with me this year. Hasn,t been since he was about 14 due to school, sports and latter work obligations. Hes now 32. Still had a few bxs of first gen 3" Fasteel left from a case i,d bought for his gold when he was a kid. He went right back to crunching birds with them this winter. Stored right they don,t go bad!

stoneyhu717 likes this.
  10. stoneyhu717

The Browning Gold was the gun that made me want a gas auto loader. Very soft shooting gun!

OneShotBandit and dog duck gun like this.