Tallahassee area advice needed!!

Discussion in 'Florida Flyway Forum' started by ClemsonRN, Dec 25, 2018.

1. ClemsonRN

ClemsonRN New Member

I am traveling to meet a friend in the Tallahassee area the last week of January and we are hoping to get several hunts in while we are down there. I have never been to the area and have put a few hours of online research in, but would like some advice on where and how to hunt. The lakes above Tallahassee seem popular but most references include boat access. We don't have a boat so we will be limited in that regard. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. We are open to traveling a couple hours each way. Thanks in advance.

2. mister gadwall

mister gadwall Senior Refuge Member

that area around Tallahassee is renowned for its private plantation shooting . Vast tracts of private grounds For quail, ducks, deer, turkey. There are some public hunting opportunities but i suspect it would take a real knowledgable local to take you for a hunt to have much hope for success.on the lakes. If you went to Lake Seminole west of Tallahassee there is public hunting from boat blind set ups, principally woodies, canvasbacks and ringneck.