Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Teal Season

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Bill Sikkenga, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Bill Sikkenga

Bill Sikkenga New Member

Tomorrow kicks off Early Teal Season here in Michigan. I am so excited I probably won't sleep tonight!

Does anyone else get so excited for duck season they can't sleep the night before???

October 9th is when the regular season starts here. We usually spend the night before in the marsh so we get the best spot come daylight.

My favorite time of year is finally here!

2. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

Not well, anyway. We open teal the 11th, and I'm about out of preparations to help pass the time. Gonna be a rough when there's nothing left to do but wait next week

Have a ball for the rest of us tomorrow.

Out of focus and Bill Sikkenga like this.
  3. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

Last year I never hunted because of cancer treatments. So finally this year I’m fairly good to go. :tu Until…. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow morning (opening day of dove) :doh. Our teal season starts this Saturday. :tu Nope, my daughter’s wedding is Saturday. :doh:z It sucks being a responsible adult/parent. :D I will be out on Sunday though. :grvn

4. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Why the hell did you accept an appointment on an opening day you care about?

5. Close Shot

Close Shot Senior Refuge Member

Let's just put it this way, I have had my decoys ready to go since early August. :) We don't even start for another week and a half.

6. negooseman

Cause it’s to continue treatment on an open wound that I have from receiving radiation back in December/January. Basically the radiation destroys all your skin cells and it takes forever to heal. The wound opened up in April after having surgery and I’ve been dealing with it ever since. I get to start hyperbaric oxygen treatments next week to hopefully get this thing healed up so I can finally get back to work and enjoy regular duck season.

Squaller, tripper, GK1 and 11 others like this.
  7. Bullet21XD

Bullet21XD Elite Refuge Member

I've packed and unpacked my truck at least a dozen times. Decoys have been moved/photographed at least once a day since July. It matters. My duck boat has been hooked to the truck, towed around, photographed for the last 4 months. It works. Now, i've got hunting clothes to take pictures of. I'm busy.

Bill Sikkenga and Close Shot like this.
  8. dankoustas

dankoustas Elite Refuge Member

Yes sir, it's my favorite time of year!!

Duck Seeker and Rubberhead like this.
  9. Out of focus

Out of focus Elite Refuge Member

@negooseman, I hope you limit out on every hunt this season. You deserve it.

tripper, GK1, brentbullets and 12 others like this.
  10. negooseman

thank you. Did I mention my son gets married in late October, right during prime time for hunting the rainwater basins. :doh I think there’s a conspiracy theory going on. :scratch :l