TFWC meeting

JagwalCrush

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard any info on the Thur, Fri. meetings? I’ve been out of town and haven’t listened or checked the highlights.

Small Bore Hunter

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Reelfoot season to coincide with state wide dates.
Last day of season is January 31.
Must have TN resident license to apply for tier 1 blinds.
To apply for tier 1must have all license & permits for that WMA.
For tier 2 only a fee is required. I think is $12.00.
Minimum 4 to maximum 8 to apply for either tier.
No hopping of tier 2 sites.

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard any info on the Thur, Fri. meetings? I’ve been out of town and haven’t listened or checked the highlights.

They chose to ignore their own polling.

Small Bore Hunter

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I assume you are talking about the hopping of tier 2 sites. There is a reason for this. They are trying to avoid conflicts and you and I both know those will occur over the best blinds.

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I assume you are talking about the hopping of tier 2 sites. There is a reason for this. They are trying to avoid conflicts and you and I both know those will occur over the best blinds.

Bullshnit! If the possibility of conflict is a reason to deny opportunity, shut the whole damn thing down, sell all public property and end hunting on ALL of it. That reasoning holds no water.

The real question is, if they weren't interested in going with public opinion, why ask the question? A significant majority responded "yes" when asked about hopping Tier II. It makes less sense than a hemorrhoid transplant.

Small Bore Hunter

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Bill you missed the boat on this one. I agree that the local hunters want to hop these blinds and some will intimidate out of area hunters to get them to leave and not come back. These people who are for hopping are not interested in more opportunity for TN hunters just more opportunity for themselves.

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Bill you missed the boat on this one. I agree that the local hunters want to hop these blinds and some will intimidate out of area hunters to get them to leave and not come back. These people who are for hopping are not interested in more opportunity for TN hunters just more opportunity for themselves.

I strongly disagree with you. I'm for hopping. I haven't hopped a blind in decades, and odds are I'll never do so again. If you can be easily intimidated into giving up a spot you legally possess at that moment, you have no business hunting public land. If you hunt deer, turkey, squirrel, ducks, doves or anything else on public land, someone will try to bully you out of a good spot.

If they make any obvious threats, they should be prosecuted. A few big fines would send a quick signal if it actually became an issue. Until then, they asked the question and ignored the public input due to preferring a solution in search of a problem.

Low Key

Reaction score
Bullshnit! If the possibility of conflict is a reason to deny opportunity, shut the whole damn thing down, sell all public property and end hunting on ALL of it. That reasoning holds no water.

The real question is, if they weren't interested in going with public opinion, why ask the question? A significant majority responded "yes" when asked about hopping Tier II. It makes less sense than a hemorrhoid transplant.
Preach it, having church this morning

Low Key

Reaction score
Can you elaborate on why hopping tier 2 is any different than hopping a tier 1 blind?
And further, why is there any more risk of bullying a tier 2 blind or trashing a tier 2 blind over tier 1? Cause I struggle to connect with the difference…

Small Bore Hunter

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
If there is no difference, then hop the tier 1’s. There is a lot more of them. There has been problems on some of the better tier 1’s also. The difference between the tier 1 & 2 is basically spot location for the ducks. As you view not being able to hop these blinds takes away opportunity but those people who want to hop the tier 2 could just go to a tier 1. No lost opportunity. There are always empty blind except probably opening weekend. A tier 2 site is like a private spot for either 3 or 4 days. How many of us would love a private spot. How many of us are envious of hunters who have flooded corn?