That damn recession!

3B209

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
In context of a recession - as I wrote at the top of the page: Pay raises are below the rate of inflation.

Yes, average hourly wages went up, 5.2% - but not as high as the rate of inflation, 9%.

So the purchasing power went down 3.8% because average hourly wages of 5.2% are below the rate of inflation that is currently at 9%.

If you get a average hourly wage increase of 9% your purchasing power is staying the same as it was last year because the cost of goods and services have gone up 9%....

If you get a average hourly wage increase of 14.2% your purchasing power is up 5.2%....
I was being sarcastic, im picking up what youre puting down.

API

PAF-CA Flyway
Reaction score
Well of course jobs have been added. You got retirees going back to work to adjust for the rapid inflation and the stock market taking a hit.
Not to mention those folks taking a second job just to keep up with their cost of living.

capefearflyfox

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Not to mention those folks taking a second job just to keep up with their cost of living.
Ding ding ding... Winner winner chicken dinner. :yes

I know plenty of folks who now work two jobs, just to keep up with inflationary pressures on fuel & groceries. It's darling that the left thinks that many jobs were "created for unique individuals". :l

They are so desperate to look for any positive news to bail themselves out of the electoral diarrhea they are about to get into, yet repeatedly get whacked over and over when you look deeper into the numbers they scream about. :l

JealousShinyHousefly-max-1mb.gif

API

PAF-CA Flyway
Reaction score
I thought everyone was sitting home living off their Covid windfall?
Brings up a good question. For the understanding of those of us who missed out on the handout... how was the "windfall" spent? Was it much help?

Latest posts