The 10 gauge

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Jimbo41, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Out of focus

Out of focus Senior Refuge Member

I too want a gold 10. I have search my area for a new one but they have none nor can they get one . I would like to buy new before the gun is discontinued. Any info would be greatly appreciated .

2. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

They way it's been told to me Browning/Miroku only makes limited runs of the Gold 10 anymore, basically if your gun shop doesn't have them on the shelves you have to order one and wait till they get them in.

3. jamescd1

jamescd1 Senior Refuge Member

Hevi steel 1 3/4 ounce BB is a hammer on ducks and geese. You can get it from Mack's prairie wing as well as other online retailers.

4. baltz526

baltz526 Elite Refuge Member

I have a Gold and a BPS in 10ga. Reloading is the way to get all the 10ga has to offer, with Steel shot. If you shoot a pump gun well, Do not pass up a good deal on a 10ga BPS. I like the Gold, But I like to collect my empty's. In some hunting spots the Gold, with its exuberant ejection. Is a hull losing monster. Not friendly for reloading. If most of your opportunity's are 40 plus yards Buy a 10ga. Shoot large Steel #1 - B - BB - BBB 1 3/8oz at 1600fps in #1 and BBB or 1 1/2 - 1 9/16oz B at 1500fps are the Reloads I shoot. B for the pellet count over BB with no real performance loss. #1 for Ducks. BBB for long range

5. Olefart

Olefart Senior Refuge Member

My son has two Ithaca Mag 10s. One is the Premier the other is a Field grade. Both havn't had a factory shell shot thru them since new. Can remember shooting 2 1/4 oz. lead loads thru them back in the 70s.. Loved the way they could knock a goose down out to 70Yds if you could figure your lead right.

6. Jimbo41

Jimbo41 Refuge Member

I apologize for making a thread and not checking in better.
    It seems like after work the -too do- list is never ending.
    I have checked at several stores for the Gold 10ga. Non were in stock.
    You are correct about ordering.
    I do have a Gold 10 on order.

7. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

It would be a nice for Browning to inform their customers about ordering a Gold 10, instead of folks having to find out on their own.

8. bbfky

bbfky Elite Refuge Member

I like federal speed shock you can get them from Rogers. I used to order from sporting ammo but the owner passed away made a great load. Reeds shows them in stock I think they produce a run of them every 2-3 years I picked up a backup 2-3 years ago with the duratouch and love it. My original one didn’t have it. Both are lethal I hunt everything from wood ducks to large geese with mine even shot it dove hunting it is by far my favorite shotgun I have ever owned
    https://www.reedssports.com/browning/browning-gold-light-mosgb-10ga-28-3.5in-195253

9. Bigshootss

Bigshootss Refuge Member

I can attest to the much better patterning of the 10 gauge. Currently shooting an SP10 and have a brand new in the box Browning Heavy received Gold 10 with a 30inch barrel. If you really want want I could probably be talked into selling it. I have been shooting Federal Red box and Blue box and some hyper sonic Remington’s.

10. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

Going to load some TSS with 1 1/2 ounces of #5’s for the SP10 just to see if 150 yards of lethal range is true. Will make sure no women and children are in the vicinity or dudes with barrel stickers.

Seaark18 and Out of focus like this.