The end, for now

Discussion in 'Montana / Wyoming Flyway Forum' started by Mean Gene, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Moderator Moderator

Well, that's a wrap, my 2019 Montana fishing has come to a close. We're all packed up and will be headed for Oregon in the morning and we'll be back here the first of April. If all goes according to plan, when next winter rolls around there will be no more packing and traveling as our home in Montana will be ready to live in. We will both be very glad when that occurs.

For my final fishing trip I hit a local lake for about 2 hours this morning and caught 5 trout...and a net. Yep, a net. Snagged something, and when I pulled to get my fly back a net came in. Strangest thing I've ever caught.

002.jpg 004.jpg 008.jpg 010.jpg 009.jpg

dukejb likes this.
  2. nebgoosehunter

nebgoosehunter Senior Refuge Member

Have enjoyed your photos Gene. I must have missed it but what happened to South Dakota?

3. Mean Gene

I loved it, but the wife said too far from kids/grandkids. We both love Ennis, and it's a one day drive to each daughter instead of three, so there we are.

nebgoosehunter likes this.
  4. enzinn

enzinn Senior Refuge Member

This time next year you'll be sitting pretty and the nomadic life will be behind you. Plus you can pull some residential big game tags! Have fun with your winter travels.

5. Mean Gene

Yep. We'll be back in Ennis the first of April and immediately register the vehicles and get driver's licenses. That puts me at full resident status just befofe deer and elk open up. :tu:tu:tu