California Flyway Forum Sponsors

The end of a good run

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by candafish, Jan 14, 2021.

1. DuckFan

DuckFan Elite Refuge Member

What a great gift to you and family, that you had the opportunities there in the past. I can only imagine how hard it must be for the in-laws to sell...

Maybe they can ask any prospective buyer if they would continue to allow your family some hunting rights on the land? Who know...maybe a new owner would welcome you...especially if you offer up that 'slave labor' periodically.

Don't give up hope. There are some good people around - and I hope someone like that purchases the property...and you have a chance to discuss with them your family traditions there. Couldn't hurt to ask
    :tu

Take care

Great Pictures by the way! :bow

Sweatliner, black brant, API and 3 others like this.
  2. waterswatter

waterswatter Elite Refuge Member

These kinds of stories are gonna become more and more common. It's sad but inevitable. I'm buying lottery tickets in hopes that I'll be able to afford my slice of heaven. :pra

3. Dek

Dek Elite Refuge Member

Wow, that is very tough. Such beautiful country up there. You are tearing the scab of access long lost. Like others have said remember the times you had and great memories you made.

4. Pucci

Pucci Senior Refuge Member

Boy do I know your feelings. Just today on my way to hunt Monday and Tuesday I went down Ohm Road which is off Hahn Road. Just passed RHC we had 600 acres which was leased by Olamn cannery. Great times with my brother in law who passed in 2015 and my duck hunting buddy for many years. Very sad when I think about it which is often

candafish likes this.
  5. Winchester 1897

Winchester 1897 Elite Refuge Member

Hate to hear of family ranches getting sold. Hopefully you can access after the new owners buy it.

6. Green house

Green house Senior Refuge Member

Been experiencing some of this myself. Time passages. Often one doesn't know how good one has it until it's gone. I sure didn't.

Sweatliner, candafish, API and 2 others like this.
  7. bucksducks

bucksducks Senior Refuge Member

I was lucky enough as a kid to hunt and fish at a club in Limantour estero. Deer, quail, sharks, oysters, then the park service took it away.

candafish likes this.