Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

The flu—-remedies

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by missed mallards, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Bigshot75

Bigshot75 Elite Refuge Member

I hear bath salts work?

2. callinfowl

callinfowl MEGA.

I'm the same, the last time I took the shot it almost killed me.
    I had a severe reaction to the shot and ended up in the hospital for 3 nights, I asked the cute little redheaded nurse if I was gonna die, and she didn't answer me. I swear it felt like someone was chopping into my head with a dull ax, my heart rate and B.P. was way high, and I was coughing so often and hard that I broke blood vessels in both eyes and the whites of my eyes were solid blood red.......which lasted about a month. One thing that stopped the head pain and cough was IV Demerol, they were pumping it into me like it was on sale.

When anyone asks me about getting a flu shot I say nope not for me I'm allergic to them, then they always ask me if I'm allergic to eggs...nope I love eggs.

As far as sore throat remedies go, Granny would always make us gargle with warm salt water that had a crushed garlic clove in it.......nasty but it worked. Too sooth your throat and help with a cough with stuff you might have around the house Mom always made us drink a cup of hot water that had a chamomile tea bag, honey, ginger, clove powder, cayenne pepper with lemon juice, a splash of apple cider vinegar and a crushed aspirin in it. As for the amount of spices I always just add a pinch of each then sip it.......it's really not to bad if you add lots of honey and lemon too it. I never have everything I just throw together what I have and get it as close as I can to Mom's recipe. Also, sipping on chicken broth helps as well as orange sherbet ice cream seems to help.

Man I feel for you, last yr my wife and me had a flu bug that lasted 3 weeks it was brutal. (The only good thing about it was I lost 20 lbs.)

The best thing you can do is take 3 benadryl pills, sip some real drink ginger ale or real root beer and SLEEP!!!

Get to the Dr as soon as you can, or have someone take you to the ER if you're feeling horrible.....those shots are no joke if you're allergic to them.:eek::eek::eek:

Get some sleep.

3. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

For the sore throat...they say that any type of hard candy(like Jolly Rancher) is just as good as the medicated type throat lozenges. Making you salivate to keep your throat lubricated is the key.

4. thatguy2

thatguy2 Elite Refuge Member

I can eat an entire bag of Luden's cough drops and not even be sick.

5. fishmunkee

fishmunkee Elite Refuge Member

Raise your blood alcohol high enough to kill whatever bug you have. Kind of an chemical pasteurization. Your going to feel crappy tomorrow regardless so feel better today.

Bigshot75 likes this.
  6. Zane

Zane Senior Refuge Member

Mr. Boston Black Berry Brandy

7. cootmeurer

cootmeurer Elite Refuge Member

By all means, essential oils are miracles - especially if you can find the oil of Rhus radicans. Rub that oil all over, and you will absolutely no longer notice any flu symptoms.

8. Fowler267

Fowler267 Elite Refuge Member

Gargle with salt water to ease the pain.. As mentioned several times..

Gargle with straight out of the bottle home strength Hydrogen Peroxide. Gargel slowly so that it seeps down and gets to the germs. I have done it for 30+ years as the cheap teeth whitener and mouth wash.

9. bbfky

bbfky Elite Refuge Member

My daughter recently had it and she took XOFLUZA and felt better within a day after taking it. It is much better than Tamiflu, probably a little late for you this far into it

10. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

Northern lights, cannabis indica.

if that don’t work rip a couple dabs and you’ll at least sleep through the worst of it.