The Last Coat......

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by negooseman, Apr 28, 2021.

1. bullpinnie

bullpinnie Elite Refuge Member

My brother had a 2005 King Ranch F150 that he used strictly around the farm, and for hunting. Always just loaded his dogs in the back seat, (no kennels). muddy boots, sometime muddy waders, etc. I'm Pretty sure that he NEVER washed it.......( it absolutely reeked). He sold it last year.

2. creedsduckman

creedsduckman Elite Refuge Member

That was probably a little bit of an exaggeration, I'm sure I've washed it more than 3-4 times but not many more. It's a truck. To quote my cousin,who will drive his truck down the highway or use it to make his on path though the woods, " if I wanted a car I would've bought a car!". Spoken as we were driving through long overdue for clearing fire breaks. I don't quite abuse mine like your brother or my cousin but it's a truck. I hunt and fish out of it and drive it everyday. There are tools, boots, deer stand parts, a tow strap and who knows what else in the back floorboard right now. Enough shotgun shells and 22 bullets to kill whatever random game or varmint I might come across in my daily routines. It gets washed when I can't find anything better to do but its just gonna be dirty again in a few days.

3. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator

I remembered to look when I was in the basement today. Stuff I got is called NexGen...
    https://getnexgen.com/cf/

Stuff is very slick. It says you can do the glass, so I did my topper back window. Since I drive almost all highway miles, that is where I see the dust pile up quickly. It has been over 2 weeks, and my back window is almost clean. Just the lightest film of dust. Paint still feels slick, even after a wash. That usually doesn't happen with the silicon based sprays.