The last jump north for the birds.

bang you'r dead

Canada Forum Mod. Eh!
Reaction score
Snow geese moving north out of the valley this morning and last couple nights. Just to add insult to injury, I blew my knee out two days ago ,and can't get out after them. Arrrgh!!. The timing is pretty normal for the birds to make their last jump from the farm areas up to the tundra. Year to year it is usually the 2nd or 3rd week of May when they move out of northern staging areas.

salthunter

Reaction score
Are/were there still shootable birds in Saskatuwan.

Is it worth the time and effort to chase snows in May in Canada? I could see a bad habit , March and May snow hunting?

bang you'r dead

Canada Forum Mod. Eh!
Reaction score
They usually stage around Whitewater Lake in southwestern MB for a few weeks, then move through our area (The Pas) about the 2nd or 3rd week in May. Usually this is a 2-4 day hop, and is quite variable year to year. I've had many years I didn't fire a shot, and others where I pass shot them coming off a roost and shot over 50 in about 15 minutes, and ran out of shells. The good, bad, and ugly can occur.

Clark

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Good luck with the knee...

Josh carpenter

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Snow geese moving north out of the valley this morning and last couple nights. Just to add insult to injury, I blew my knee out two days ago ,and can't get out after them. Arrrgh!!. The timing is pretty normal for the birds to make their last jump from the farm areas up to the tundra. Year to year it is usually the 2nd or 3rd week of May when they move out of northern staging areas.
Hang in there we’re all pulling for ya ,and remember if they can’t find ya handsome ,they can at least find ya handy

Bows Up

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
With a bum knee, they'll find you faster.