Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

The last liberal season for at least 5 years.

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by theduckguru, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Manoduk

Manoduk Senior Refuge Member

Don’t think I have ever used the term “Conspiracy , “Big Duck” not sure what that refers too.

Rubberhead likes this.
  2. BigSkyDuk

BigSkyDuk Elite Refuge Member

You didn’t, nor did you imply it was. I was quoting you in response to others earlier because you correctly pointed out that money talks in these things.

Manoduk likes this.
  3. nobands

nobands Elite Refuge Member

Doesn't surprise me donations were down in 2020 at all . Very few grassroots events were held and those that were had limited capacity.
    Think of where DU or any conservation org would have without that big money .

Now back on topic , I don't believe most realize how much this drought year will effect the PPR,
    for years to come . Tile will surely go in,and spots that used to raise broods won't anymore. Wet weather will surely come back at some point but the numbers won't be the same .
    I'll continue to hunt when I can and try to give back to the resource what I can regardless.

4. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

Don’t cry for me….Argentina

blacktail likes this.
  5. ED Vanderbeck

ED Vanderbeck Elite Refuge Member

Are you saying the ceo should be making minimun wage salary. To get great talent it costs money the small university i work at the president makes 350 k plus a home,cars,all expenses paid, and a monthly stipend and we have no where a 250 million dollar income

6. Wiscoduckhunt

Wiscoduckhunt Senior Refuge Member

Most of the PPW wetlands are protected even in a dry cycle from tile by the farm bill. You are right though ... If the farm does not participate in USDA programs there is a good chance tile go in. One of the last farm bills tied crop Insurance to wetland and highly erodible.land compliance. Many will be farmed under natural conditions but won't see tile.

AppalachianHollers and nobands like this.
  7. Dirtybird420

Dirtybird420 Elite Refuge Member

I say we all get a certain amount of tags n cut us loose. Get caught with a un tagged bird lose ur license. I can see it now. I’d wait till the redheads show. Burn my whole 50 in one morning. Eat duck bites n drink beer while shooting clays rest of season.

Rubberhead likes this.
  8. Porter Bayou

Porter Bayou Elite Refuge Member

I'm gonna leave this here for those that wanna put their money where their mouth is. This is a link for the Office of the Inspector General Department of the Interior complaint hotline. OIG is required by law to investigate any accusation of wrongdoing no matter how far fetched the accusation is. If you truly want to blow the lid off this thing, sick 'em Danno!

However, I get the feeling that if the investigation doesn't yield the desired results y'all will just accuse OIG of being on the take also.

https://www.doioig.gov/site-page/complaint-hotline

9. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Didn't realize Canada signed on to the farm bill.

10. There.is.no.ST

There.is.no.ST Senior Refuge Member

A little tidbit on the economic impact of waterfowl hunting within the MS flyway:

Waterfowl hunting is a common sport within the Mississippi Flyway and can have a significant economic impact for flyway states. For example, waterfowl hunting generated approximately $27.4 million dollars for six counties located within the Mississippi Delta region during the 1998-1999 hunting season (Grado et al. 2001). More recently, two studies estimated that waterfowl hunting contributed approximately $86.8 million and $158 million to the Mississippi economy and influenced 2,000 jobs (Grado et al. 2011, Santos et al. 2016).

And, the literature cited, if anyone cares to read the studies:

Grado, S. C., B. M. Kaminski, I. A. Munn, and T. A. Tullos. 2001. Economic impacts of waterfowl hunting on public lands and at private lodges in the Mississippi Delta. Wildlife Society Bulletin 29:846-855.

Grado, S. C., K. M. Hunt, C. P. Hutt, X. T. Santos, and R. M. Kaminski. 2011. Economic Impacts of Waterfowl Hunting in Mississippi Derived From a State-Based Mail Survey. Human Dimensions of Wildlife 16:100-113.

Santos, X. T., S. C. Grado, and K. M. Hunt. 2016. Assessing the economic impact of waterfowl hunting in Mississippi Effects of changes in industry sector data using the IMPLAN model. International Journal of Social Economics 43:86-103.

There are other studies out there, but these were relevant to my research, which is why they were included. And yes, that's an excerpt from my masters research paper.