The latest issue .....

Discussion in 'Wisconsin Flyway Forum' started by Chenhyperborea, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Chenhyperborea

Chenhyperborea Elite Refuge Member

The latest issue of Midwest Hunting & Fishing magazine is out and has the article written by the fly shop owner I've been guiding for. He is an Orvis endorsed guide and the shop in Preston, MN is an Orvis authorized dealer. The photos were either taken by me or my wife and the 20" Brown I caught last fall is pictured a couple of times. Since taking up fly fishing two years ago I've hit the streams 3-5 times a week (in MN we can fish year round now, with the state parks remaining open for fishing) and have begun guiding with two trips under my belt this summer. I had a group of 3 yesterday and a single a few weeks ago ... all were complete novice but after a casting lesson and some explaining we hit the streams - all caught trout on the fly rod and all went home very happy. It's like catching your first fish all over again - what a rush! I love it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. marsh man dan

marsh man dan Elite Refuge Member

Must feel very rewarding. Congrats. Fly fishing is in my bucket list just have no had time to try it.

3. canpoint

canpoint Elite Refuge Member

I work with a guy on SAFER Fire Department who has been to your shop and spends almost every off day he has, driving to trout fish. Very cool.