The mean streets....

yeehaw

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
The mean streets of Fayetteville, NC will be safer this fall. The ducks, deer, and squirrels can rest a little easier....

Screenshot_20220922-220051_Facebook.jpg

BigSkyDuk

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Man, I bet there’s a few nice irons in that pile headed for the band saw. Still, I’m sure that’s totally what they had in mind when they did the buy back…

Larry Welch

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I just can't understand. I know some of those were family heirlooms, and traded away for a gift card.

riverrat47

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
If we haven't found someone to give our guns to before we die, there's a fair chance that's what will happen to them. That would be more heartbreaking than if your wife sold them for what you told her you paid for them.

HNTFSH

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
If we haven't found someone to give our guns to before we die, there's a fair chance that's what will happen to them. That would be more heartbreaking than if your wife sold them for what you told her you paid for them.
I think about all the things the wife might uncover upon my passing. Definitely need to kill some "favorites links" and clear the cache.

Yeah..I'm in that category on inheritance. No grand kids yet and even if I do, could be boy or girl. Even with a boy, will likely never hunt and possibly never shoot or otherwise own a gun. Between politics and the hobbies/interests of a potential son-in-law, it's all a toss up.

The only heirloom gun is an 1899 LC Smith #2. It would require a 2200-2500 restoration to be nice and be worth about the same once done. I would do that if I had someone that would keep and appreciate it but otherwise would be a waste of money.

Dunno...but I would hate to see it in a pile like that.

Steelshot Scott

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
They paid $100 dollars for handguns, $150 for rifles and shotguns, and $200 for "assault weapons".

They got no handguns, no assault weapons and approx 300 sporting guns, mostly single shot shotguns and .22 rifles.

So $45,000 later, they have removed the nationwide problem of crimes committed with single shot shotguns and the evil Glenfield .22 from the streets of Fayetteville.

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Wish they’d run one here. I have a few .22s I’d let go for $150.

Latest posts