Tennessee Flyway Forum Sponsors

The Missus' Cabin -

Discussion in 'Tennessee Flyway Forum' started by rtjrex & MollyAnn, Feb 14, 2014.

1. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Awesome! No intentions on taking some of them yuppity type actors on a teal bird shoot? Let them bat the snakes outta the blind?

2. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

We need to address you as Herr Hinkle?

stevena198301 likes this.
  3. rtjrex & MollyAnn

rtjrex & MollyAnn Elite Refuge Member

ThorneSide Cabin @ Plantation Bottoms' at the bott
    Morning Stevie -
    I think that might be appropriate but the spelling needs to be changed to Herr Hinkel'......

Steven - Them "yuppity types" just aint invited. I aint a guide. In the last movie, one of those types walked up and asked who my agent was. I told him I aint got one cause I don't need any help. Then he says, well then - how did you get here? I said cause I own the ground you happen to be standing on Skippy.. I said you go home to your apartment or Mommas' home when you leave, I m here.

Last year on the 1st shoot at my home happened to be opening day of Tealbird/Woddy season. THe lake is about 300yds from our home and there was lots of shooting going on the 1st 3 hrs. There were several nervous
    people standing around. Maggs was walking around and listening. On every volley, Maggs would run over and look at me. Why aint we out there with Stuff'??? It was a tough weekend for me, but I gave up one for the team. I told them this year we aint having a shoot during tealbird season here. My Missus' is having some fun and that's important.

Me & Maggs..........

4. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Afternoon All -
    Looks like its started! This morning at 9:30am was the 1st shoot of the movie "Montu'".. Whatever that is.
    Anyway, my Missus' is a Nazi U.S. agent that heard there was a top ranking German Nazi that was in Hitler's inter-circle escaping to the U.S. after Hitler kills himself. word was that he was coming to Nashville on the train.
    She knew the arrival approx. arrival time and was waiting for him. Sure enough he comes through the doors caring his suit cases full of Nazi stolen U.S. monies. She reconiz3es him and writes down the time he arrived. Now everything gets set into motion where he is met by 3 U.S. Nazi thugs that night. That's when he joins Hitler 6 ft under.. Well, really we shoot him in the heart, cut his throat & throw him down in a cistern.

[​IMG]

It was a hoot watching all of the music city tourists in the lobby of Union Station. Some woman runs up to Tish and says, excuse me mam, but could I get my pic with you??? She runs up and takes a selfie with Tish and tells her she has enjoyed all of her films!!! And then runs off. for an hour, that place was a buzz of on-lookers and gawkers. Miss Tish sure had the eye of a bunch of folks and they watched her every move. Most all were pointing and whispering.

Now, they are coming to our home and shoot some more shots about the killin and what to do with the monies.....

more to come.

Me & Maggs.......

5. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Hi all -
    This is me as a American Nazi turned American thug and help kilt the bad Nazi with the money. We kilted him and pitched him down a cistern! It was kinda fun and only took about 6 or 8 takes. It was in the dark and after we kilt him, a car came driving up the drive and we were supposed to lay down til the car goes by and then jump up and run down the path! I told the director that we need to re-think this a moment. He says, Whats the problem? I says, Look, we are all over 65 yrs old and jumping down and then jumping back up and running down a path aint happenin'. Maybe the car can SLOW UP so's we can get down if that's whats got to happen, and then EASE UP after the car goes by and walk down the path.....
    That's what we did!

That's all for me! Then the movie switches to modern times....

[​IMG]

My firearms were orig. to the time. My Dad was a medic in WWII, and after getting shot at a few times, he said to heck with that and armed himself with what-ever he could find which wasn't hard as his buds gave him a couple of guns right off. He said he never used them but he sure slept better knowing he had them, just in case. He said those fellas that made the rules bout' a medic cant carry a weapon, never was in the line of fire getting shot at just like everyone else. If they aint playin' by the rules, I aint either! That was my Dad!

Me & Maggs..........

Tim Andrews likes this.
  6. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Morning Gents -
    Christmas came a little early this year for us. I got a call yesterday from a gent who says, Mr. Rex, my name is Bob and you & I talked a couple of years back about the little cabin behind our home. You said you would like to have it to put it next to your other cabin and preserve it. Well, we have decided we don't want it and would love for you to have it. We need for you to come and get it now! What?? My Missus' is excited and we are making plans to get it moved in-tact to our home place with in the next couple weeks. The size is 12 x 14 x 13'High. We only got to move it a couple of miles so it ought to be sort of an easy thing with a roll-back, we hope anyways... We are going to make it the kitchen cabin for the other cabin. Complete with an old wood cook-stove we have had for years. Something else for us to play with!

[​IMG]

Things like this are hard to come by and such a treasure for my Missus' and I. Our grandson is having his own little pioneer village to play in.. The really neat thing is that when our son was 6 or 7 yrs old, his best friend lived on the property where the cabin is located. Him & his buddy killed many, many Indians over several years in that old cabin. Now, his son will do the same, and his Grandpa just might do the same with him!

Me & Maggs....

7. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

Now, you gots to be careful here Rexal. You get a bunch of buildings on your property and folks will start talking 'bout you having a compound and question ifn you got some kinda cult going on. Might have lesser informed folks stayin' in your outbuildings and following your word. Don't matter ifn you're talking 'bout the virtues of duck huntin', folks gonna talk.

8. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Morning Stevie -
    Well, we been calling it a compound for years. We built my Mom a home with us, then we built our office down by the barn. Then, we got the Missus' her cabin and on it seems we're just before moving another "Kitchen Cabin" in, so, yep! we got a compound I reckon. The old folks that used to live in the area used to tell us
    that the name of our section used to be called "Prosperity Township" back when the post office used to be in the country store that was on our farm. We're just trying to maybe bring it back a 100 yrs or so to the good times.

We went over yesterday and tore down the rest of the old chimney that had been knocked over by an old Hackberry that fell across it some years back. We also got a load of logs that had come out of the house that didn't get burned up in the fire. We made a good haul & might use the cut logs on the cabin when we get it over here. Its really interesting they way these things go together back when they had nothing but an axe and a old cross-cut saw.

Anyways, it keeps me busy and moving.

Me & Maggs.....

riverrat47 likes this.
  9. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Morning all -
    Looks like we have started getting ready to move the cabin. Our cabin guy calls me and says. one day next week we are going to move the cabin. Music to my Missus's ears! Yesterday she says, we need to start moving the rocks that have been torn down from the chimney as they are "cut stone" and we want them. (We live in Wilson Co. & rock aint a problem to come up with). Yes mam, so we hook up the trlr and off we go. We loaded that trlr til' the tires started to flatten out. The fella that gave us the cabin got a real chuckle out of my Missus' pitchin and layin' rocks on the trlr floor. There's rock and then there's rock and yo' Missus' looks like she knows the difference. Yes sir' she sho' does.. The ground was a little soft and it took 4wd-low to ease out of the guys yard without tearing things up, thank goodness.

We get back to our home and she has already picked out a place for the rock to live for a little while til' the cabin gets in place.

[​IMG]

We used our noggins' and loaded the rock in the bucket of the tractor from the trlr and gently dumped the rocks right where the Missus' said dump! There were some pretty heavy rock and she never backed up from one of them. She is one determined lady and knows what she wants! Im quite proud of her!
    She asked me if we were messing up duck huntin' by taking time away to move rocks. Uh, no mam - we aint missing nuthing... as in nuthin.. So, rocks are in place waiting on another load but the rains are slowing us down, thank goodness... My knees and back need a rest.

One of the neighbors where we are getting the cabin came out the door and says to her husband, well, Look at that "Elderly Couple" doing that heavy work by themselves.... That pizzed me off kinda, sorta because I didn't even know we were "Elderly". No one told us, sent an email, a letter from the gov't., nothing! Elderly! When did that happen anyways? Why didn't we know? What age do you become Elderly? Why isn't it posted somewhere? Do we get something for being elderly?? Are we missing out on something??

We feel like we live under a rock or something...

Me & My Missus'.......

10. riverrat47

riverrat47 Elite Refuge Member

The way I've abused my body, I kinda felt a bit 'elderly' at around 35, but I reckon it became official when I started collecting Obama bucks `bout 9 yrs. ago.