The Passing of Barrett

GoPackers

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Last Friday, my friend Marc's Chocolate Labrador Barrett was killed in a wildfire caused by an electric transformer that exploded near his property, which burned down Barrett's kennel with him still inside.

Barrett was nine months old and was in training to be Marc's primary hunting dog at the guide business he manages in the Tri-Cities this fall. Marc was tending to his cherry orchard several miles away when the accident occurred.

He is a veteran who served in the Army as a Special Forces Green Beret and spent ten years in law enforcement, protecting and serving his community. He also is a Ducks Unlimited member and volunteer in Washington State.

He needs a new guide dog, at least a year old, that is a started or finished gun dog to be ready for this October's duck hunting season since a new puppy would not be ready until the fall of 2023. Please let me know of any leads you may have with a breeder who would have a quality started and or finished Labrador Retriever.

Thank you for your support! If you would like to donate please visit The Passing of Barrett https://gofund.me/3a1b9bb7

Barret 1.jpg

HaydenHunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of his loss.

Maybe check in with Lee at Wind River Labs to see if she might have anything coming up. But her website says no started dogs currently available.

Tool_Man

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
That’s a heart breaker. So sorry to hear that.

GoPackers

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Thanks Hayden Hunter, that's exactly what every breeder I've spoken with so far has said. I might have to expand the search beyond our state.

I'll keep praying that God will provide the right dog for Marc in his timing.

H20OTTER

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Sent you a pm.

All Day

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Sad news indeed. Have you checked with East Harbor Kennels yet?

Wareagle1

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Maybe?

GoPackers

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Thanks Wareagle I sent Marc the pics and contact number, so we'll see if he reaches out.

Marc has a specific need as he still guides clients at Paul's ponds even though Paul took it private, and needs a dog that can work flooded corn.