Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

The Players Championship - Golf

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by h2ofwlr, May 10, 2015.

Should the PGA reclassify the Players Championship as a "major"?

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    39.1%
  2. No

28 vote(s)
    60.9%
  1. h2ofwlr

h2ofwlr Elite Refuge Member

So did anyone else watch it today?

That had to be the best game I have seen ever. 20 players within 4 shots of the lead. 3 tied at the end of regulation, 4 holes to determine that Rickey Fowler was the champion. It's about time that he won considering how many top 10 finishes that he's had.

I normally do not watch golf except the Masters. But this year I watched portions of the Players the last few days and all of today's coverage. Simply put I think that it should be considered a "major" along with the other 4 (Masters, US Open, British open, & PGA). IMHO, the Pete Die designed course only has 1 rival - The Masters. The lay out of 16,17, & 18 are simply outstanding. The whole course with it's layout for the spectators is 1 of a kind.

So what did you think of this years event?

And do you think that it should be classified as a major?

Last edited: May 10, 2015
  2. thekillerofmallard

thekillerofmallard Elite Refuge Member

great round today the Players is the Players not a major but as close as you can get to one. Leave the 4 majors alone don't need another one to screw up all the records.

3. takemrarely

takemrarely Elite Refuge Member

Other than giving the talking heads one more thing to talk about, what is the difference between a major and another weekly golf tournament?

I watched today's as well and it was as riveting as golf can be, BUT,

the two things that I took away from it were:

----1.8 million dollars for winning a golf tournament while people struggle to make ends meet seems a bit much, (no different than other professional sports)

---- Ricky Fowler's GF dresses like a hooker

4. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

She dresses like a lot of girls her age. It is hard for us older folks to accept the way the youngins dress sometimes

5. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator

She is a famous bikini model. Not used to wearing a lot of clothes. I thought the top was ok, but she could have done better than the raggy jean shorts.

Make the TPC a major? Why? What would it accomplish?

6. h2ofwlr

h2ofwlr Elite Refuge Member

It'd accomplish what it deserves - the recognition of the most fair course to all types of pro golfers, the most unforgiving course if just slightly off of your game, and the best for course for spectators.

As for his GF, yes I think many thought the same on her attire, under dressed came to mind. I think she sent a strong message to the ladies on her hanging on him after regulation and that big kiss at the end "he's mine, keep away". I wonder if pocketing $1M after taxes and other payouts to caddy, agent, lawyers, etc had anything to do with it? :yes

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  7. Mrs. Ripline

Mrs. Ripline Senior Refuge Member

It was great golf to watch! The girlfriend will need to buy some nicer shorts with some of the million dollars he won, if she showed up at any of the courses he plays at, she wouldn't be allowed in dressed like that.

8. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

9. dux/24 7

dux/24 7 Elite Refuge Member

Maybe that's why golf sucks. Don't call it a sport either. It's a hobbie. Fat drunk guys and 80 yr Olds can do it.
    That opened a can of worms.;) All other sports the contestants feed off of cheering and applause, but for some reason people can't hit a stationary ball without complete quiet. Baseball hitters hit a very fast moving and direction changing ball no matter how loud it is. :scratch:scratch. You can have it . Best thing about golf courses is most have some good ponds on them.

10. Gomer

Gomer Elite Refuge Member

Until Sunday, she likely made more money than him.