Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

The truth is coming out

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Circle Hook, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Viable solution?

Simple. Get the dam Judges to stop sending criminals with wrap sheets out the door over and over again. Tell the minority city leaders to open their tainted eyes and see that easy sentences is literally killing their own innocent and defencless people, more than " enslaving" their fewer evil SOB's who offer nothing but pain in what they call their " community".

2. Ender

Ender Senior Refuge Member

Then I have a question for you. Do you feel there should be a license required to exercise your right to free speech? One can argue free speech is dangerous, intentional, and at times has lead to the death of innocents.

3. Lujack

Lujack Elite Refuge Member

As I said earlier, and time and time again, I don't believe in outlawing any firearms, but I'm not opposed to making it illegal for some folks to own guns. I also think it is a good idea to do background checks to keep guns out of the hands of people who would do harm. Anyone who disagrees with this is either a felon, crazy, or lives in a bubble.

4. Scauphunter

Scauphunter Senior Refuge Member

Stop drinking the Kool Aid. do some research and find the facts. Almost no criminals have been stopped from buying guns. The vast majority of rejections have either been found to be false or cases of people who had the same names as criminals. What part of criminals do not obey the law or buy guns in gun stores do you not understand? Trying to make every citizen have a background check to will a gun to their kid is beyond stupid. If you are so afraid go live somewhere with no guns. Leave the free men and women of America to live under the terrible dangers of freedom.

5. Lujack

Most criminals do not buy guns legally. They steal them or have someone else buy them for them, which is also illegal. So are we supposed to just throw the laws away? The real answer is to actually punish criminals with prison sentences rather than wasting time with rehabilitation.

Being from California, I know all too well about background checks and waiting periods. I also know that it is not hard at all for a non nut-job, non felon, to buy a gun. All you have to do is fill out a simple form and wait a few days to get the gun. I've never had my home assaulted by hungry people during the waiting period.

I am not the one who is afraid.

6. chuam

chuam Elite Refuge Member

It's getting harder and harder to do since the right keep putting in amendments where studying gun violence is banned.

7. GSUJake

GSUJake Elite Refuge Member

Lanza broke over 40 laws to commit his crimes, including 27 counts of murder. Do you seriously think that more regulations would have prevented this?

Would the Aurora shooting not have happened if he failed his background check? I bet a guy that is wanting to do maximum damage will have no problem buying one on the black market just as they do drugs, little boys/girls, & cars.

Laws only work for people who want to follow them. Our problem is allowing 3-4 time convicted felons to roam our streets.

Imagine what the crime rate would be if we had a 2 strike rule... 2 felonies and you get life in prison. 2 violent felonies and you get thrown in a ditch outback to save tax layer dollars.

8. metaluno67

metaluno67 Elite Refuge Member

Alcohol, due to drunk drivers, kills more people a year than any firearm crime. I say we ban alcohol. Oh wait they tried that once and people still manage to get alcohol.
    Universal background leads to a registry, which could lead to officers knocking on your door taking your guns.
    Those that want this are blind to the fact of what the governments grand scheme is. It's all about control. Like training a dog eventually we will all be collared conditioned and if we go against the commands we get lit up.
    Those that want all this and that, just go turn your guns in now and save yourself some trouble. If you watch the government has by back programs and ya can get a gift card to your favorite Starbucks coffee.

9. Lujack

Jesus H. Christ on a popsicle-stick. No, I don't think that more regulations would have prevented this. I feel like I'm banging my head against the wall with some of you guys.

10. GSUJake

GSUJake Elite Refuge Member

And the nonsense you type shows that you probably are banging your head against a wall.