The winter of 1976-77

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by The Other David, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Vahunter

Vahunter Elite Refuge Member

That was a crazy one. December was really cold and then Jan.-Feb. were unusually warm on the east coast...

2. twall

twall Senior Refuge Member

I remember that winter well. We went over a month with high temps being below freezing. That is unusal for the Chicago area.

The winter of 89-90 I was living in NW Minnesota. We were in a spell of high temps being below zero. We had a sunny day with no wind and grouse season was still open. We found snow roosted birds. It was great to watch the dog work.

Tom

3. ReaPeR105

ReaPeR105 Elite Refuge Member

I lived SW of Houston TX during Christmas 76. I remember wearing short sleeve shirts on Christmas Day :dv

4. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

Winter of ‘78 is when the snowfall record for East of the MS was set in Delaware, MI. 390” of snowfall for the year. That’s over 32’ of snow...

5. H20DAD

H20DAD Elite Refuge Member

6. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

I’m not sure most of this country would know what to do or how to adjust to a real winter season. Heck, it was almost 60 degrees here yesterday and there’s no real cold in the near future.

THEIRCOMMITED10 likes this.
  7. yankeegray

yankeegray Senior Refuge Member

Everyone running around in short sleeve shirts Christmas shopping in Southern Illinois. Did not bother going to the blind this morning

THEIRCOMMITED10 likes this.
  8. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

I remember breaking a lot of ice winter of 76-77. The next winter, it was not as cold but snow came in waves. About twice a week fronts came through and dumped snow along and above I40. That lasted for about a month.

9. Vahunter

Most people live where there is no real Winter and the population has been shifting south for a number of decades. Fla, Tx., Cali for example.

10. Vahunter