Think about this

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by mrmallerd, Jun 14, 2021.

1. mrmallerd

mrmallerd Elite Refuge Member

[​IMG]
    I realize there is a meme commentary thread, but I believe this deserves its own thread. I can remember the day when I told my wife that if Hydro etc was proven effective, I would lose any respect I had for those who much of our government. Fact is, whether it was to get rid of Trump, or to profit, people need to be held accountable. I don't care what your political leaning are, individuals involved in this should be held accountable, tarred & feathered, & then stoned on the courthouse square.

Damian Wiening likes this.
  2. rhpierce

rhpierce Elite Refuge Member

Ok, but in March of this year, the WHO basically did not recommend hydroxy for Covid treatment. From the limited search I did, it looks like the effectiveness is still not known, unless something has been released since the WHO recommendation and the search engines aren't letting me see it.

What is the source that says, "yes it is effective, but we killed it off because Trump....", as we saw with the Wuhan Lab origin?

3. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

They will be tormented forever by their own peers in hell. Life on earth is temporary. Eternal life is forever.

lugnut likes this.
  4. mrmallerd

If you read my entire post, you will also see where I said, "or to profit" I don't have time to look up past sources, but I am sure there is at least one thread

[​IMG]

Home Forums > Politics & Religion > Political Action Forum >
    CNN tweets at 4:10 am this morning that hydroxychloroquine works. Have a nice long weekend....

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by pintail2222, Jul 3, 2020.

5. rhpierce

rhpierce Elite Refuge Member

And I agree with you...no matter the reason, if it was suppressed, then get a tall tree and a short rope.

The thread you posted is from July, 2020. There are later studies that conflict, and admittedly, the WHO recommendation from March seems to be more, "the potential side effects outweigh the benefits".

I'm just asking if there was anything recently that came out because I can't find it, but the efficacy of hydroxy seems to be lumped in with the Wuhan Lab, Lafayette Park, etc. as all "Trump was 100% right". If it's still up in the air, then it works against us to claim it as anything else. We should absolutely point out that he was right that it showed promise and it was killed "because Trump", but "does it work" still seems to be relatively unknown, unless I'm missing the smoking gun.

6. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator

Here is the thing. MAYBE it works. Maybe not. Same can be said for vitamin D.

But it has been used, with very few side effects, since the 40's. It is still widely used.

It 'I' believed it worked, why did the FDA suddenly say it could not be prescribed for covid? Just for a while, during the election. Now, if you want to prescribe it, you can.

THAT is politics.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/hydroxychloroquine#1
    Hydroxychloroquine is a prescription drug that’s been around since the 1940s. Doctors first used it to treat malaria.

Today you’re more likely to take it if you have rheumatoid arthritis or lupus. You may have heard it can treat COVID-19.

The benefits for treating certain conditions outweigh the risks. You should only take it if your doctor says it’s OK or if you’re in a clinical trial. That’s because it can cause serious side effects. Here’s what you need to know.

Does It Treat COVID-19?
    The evidence is mixed. There’s interest in hydroxychloroquine as a COVID-19 treatment because early studies in the lab showed promise. They found that the drug had some antiviral effect on the cells infected with SARS-CoV-2. That’s the virus that causes COVID-19. So far, there’s no strong evidence that it does the same thing in people. The studies have since been retracted, or pulled back.

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved emergency use of hydroxychloroquine for a short time. They pulled approval after a large study found no evidence that the drug could stop deaths or help people with COVID-19 get better faster.More research is needed.

7. mrmallerd

Politics or no Politics, peoples lied & people died, time for some justice in this country. Seems the only people who get any kind of justice is The Clintons.

8. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Maybe
    Maybe not
    Assateague coined the term 50:50(tm) we argued profusely about it.
    He trademarked it.
    For everything there is two possibilities.
    By the 50:50 ...lol.
    You're going to hear a lot about this 50:50 concept.;)
    If I had a pc I'd put the trademark on.
    :l